[Guide] Bich's Guide to Tryndamere "King of this patch"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cyst

06-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynxion View Post
I'm with Cyst on this one, if you play Tryndamere, you want a full page of Crit Chance Runes. I don't get why he doesn't buy IE though, 286 Crit Damage > 236, but hey what do I know.
:P

but ya i did do calculations with IE in the math just didn't "bluntly" state it

I am not figuring anyone will really go through it but the calculations are correct
Went through it incase anyone who isn't trolling actually dives into THE EVIL MATH (Dramatic music here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynxion View Post
Edit: Even though the ***** rejected my friend invite. =( QQ
Want a hug ?

Lynxion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyst View Post
Want a hug ?
I don't know, I might have to play Amumu now. I want cookies too.

Epimyth

06-22-2010

Quote:
...words...
You know what I love? I love theory. You know why I love theory? Theory always sounds good. I have no idea why I'm about to waste my time explaining to you why theory =/= reality, but god help me I will do my best to educate you.

So lets start off by saying you're right. Yep you're right. If I stand there and beat away on an enemy with your theory I will do better by the numbers. So then you're completely right....right?

Wrong. But what do you mean wrong? You just said the numbers are right and clearly the numbers don't lie. You spent so much time pretending to be smart that you totally forgot a few things. These things are called variables, I'm sure you're familiar with them since your math is so accurate. However, these variables are incredibly elusive and to put a number on them is virtually impossible. What could these variables possibly be, I mean you saw the numbers, what else matters?

Now the fun part. Tryndamere is a melee champion. Tryndamere must actually be able to stay on his target to do damage, in which case he is usually being kited, slowed, stunned, knocked back, knocked up...I think you get the idea. Your calculations are entirely based around a stand still fight where you get to beat on a target that does not run, does not fight back, and does not have help. Why on earth would you stack a Random Chance stat, that by the way he already gains a large amount of on his own when played as intended, instead of something to help increase his flat damage and potential damage?

Keep in mind that I do in-fact get crit items on Tryndamere. I usually run Infinity Edge and Youmuu's Ghostblade. These items combined give 35% crit chance on top of his 50% chance when in endless rage (0hp unless you pop yours before initiating?) Add in a double elixir buff before late game fights and I'm at a whopping 55% chance at, you guessed it, 100% hp at level 18. Under endless rage (where you'll be doing most of your fighting unless the other team for some reason ignores you) that equates to %55+%50 or over 100% without stacking crit items.

Let's just say I run Stark's Fervor or LW instead of ghostblade (heaven forbid the enemy team actually have some armor or I give my team an aura). That's still 20% chance to crit at 100% hp without elixir or 40% chance to crit with one at level 18. That's also still 90% chance to crit under endless rage.

So, and correct me if I'm wrong, but unless you play Tryndamere as a champion who never enters a fight below 100% hp, crit stacking is pointless. Again, I will say that I prefer armor pen, attack speed and critical strike damage over crit stacking. Who knows though, perhaps I'm ******ed, I mean who doesn't have 100% hp left in a fight as Tryndamere after they enemy team has blown every CC and burst they have on you. I mean seriously who uses endless rage to take down two plus enemies and cleanse/spinningh slash/youmuu's/ghosts away unscathed?

So for math that's based entirely around being able to bash on an enemy for a set/infinite duration of time, you've got me. In games where I actually have to do more than stand there bashing on an enemy....well I'll let you think about it.

Edit:

I'm guessing based on the direction you took your argument that you're assuming Tryndamere is standing there bashing on...Tryndamere. Wow what a great assessment of builds. If it makes you feel any better, I will totally agree that your build > all builds Tryndmere vs. Tryndamere. Also for the record, you having 600 wins to me having 400 wins still doesn't equate to you being around when those differences were in affect...in case you were trying to write an equation or something.

Fixed an error with crit chance w/ elixir based on a faulty tool tip. For the record it still works out in my favor due to the elixir *always* giving 20% crit chance no matter what level so all the points made about level 18 end game elixir apply to any point in the game actually.

Cyst

06-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bich View Post
**Uneducated Ramble**
What I actually typed is Math child not "WORDS"

If you are going to try to make a point try it sometime... YOU MIGHT EVEN CHANGE YOUR OWN MIND

I did not compare tyrn fighting tyrn

I COMPARED TWO BUILDS

Epimyth

06-22-2010

Quote:
What I actually typed is Math child not "WORDS"

If you are going to try to make a point try it sometime... YOU MIGHT EVEN CHANGE YOUR OWN MIND
Nice response, I think it's known as denial. Make a real rebuttal and I'll take you seriously. Judging on that capslock you might even be angry.

Edit for accuracy: What I used were not only words, but logic. Also, don't think math is more important than words or critical thinking, the world would be nowhere without them both, the problem you have is that you're entirely stuck to number crunching on paper. What a good life it must be to live in a theoretical world.

-And rather than bumping this pointless post any further let me end on that, thanks for your responses I'm sure everyone who reads them will believe you and not think you're making an ass out of yourself. =)

Cyst

06-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bich View Post
Nice response, I think it's known as denial. Make a real rebuttal and I'll take you seriously. Judging on that capslock you might even be angry.
Judging on your trolling you must be mad that your build sucks

Slackulon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2010

I dont know how i stumbled on all this ****, but man, dudes get pissy. Bich, thanks for the guide. Well the guides. Thanks for stepping in to update them too. ytf would you try to engage trolls in any kind of discourse? Do they ever learn? cyst seems bright, if not very likeable. you working on any other guides?

Kutla

04-03-2011

I never go for avarice blades...lame item
I rush for zeal...boots,berseker or depending on other team...
by the time u get 3x avarice I already god zeal,boots,BF sword..and when u get bf sword I got my infinity so rushing avarice is always bad idea...