Malphite OP?

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XDG Mancloud

11-20-2010

He's been first picked in 4/5 of my recent ranked games (2 of them being me) and has gotten fed in every single one because of his complete lane dominance. Once he hits 6, he's practically assured a kill against any carry and then proceeds to snowball, smoothly transitioning to a strong anti-carry/off-tank as the game goes on.

He has strong harass, amazing anti-harass, all with high early/mid game damage and a great AoE blink disable.

http://img149.imageshack.us/f/malphiteop.png/

Also see Sniperness's profile, the dude that made me want to try him out.

Discuss.

Teh Idort

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2010

Oh no. Someone got picked a lot as first choice. MUST BE OP.

Razeluxe

11-20-2010

Well Riot thinks that Galio is OP, and Malphite is flat out better than Galio imo so..

TheShortestPath

11-20-2010

Several champions completely wreck him in the laning phase, and if you're playing ranked and see him picked, there are a few obvious counters for him.

Twitch and Teemo both prevent his passive from being useful with their respective poisons. Paired with any kind of support, they will shut him down hard.

Healing tends to make him run out of mana before he can harass to any great success. Sona, Taric, or even Nidalee partnered with anyone who can harass will stop him from gaining any sort of advantage, and you might even be able to zone him out of some of his experience in a 2v1.

Garen and Vlad, both of which keep themselves alive quite well, are decent counters. And then there's solo Gragas, who can be better at harassing AND ignores most of his damage. Seriously, solo Gragas is pretty much a hard counter to solo Malphite, no exceptions.

I've also seen AP/tank Yi do incredibly well against Malphite in the laning phase. Meditate as soon as he throws his Q to prevent its damage and heal up from the last 3 or 4 he's hit you with, and he's virtually useless.

JudgeMan

11-20-2010

Sivir can also be annoying with spell shield and long range boomerang harrass/farm.

Malphite is not OP. Don't send 450hp carries top vs him expecting normal farm and you won't have any problem.

XDG Mancloud

11-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Idort View Post
Oh no. Someone got picked a lot as first choice. MUST BE OP.
I totally didn't try him out for myself and stomp several games in a row or anything. I just watched him get first picked and declared OP. Yeah, you're right.

dyl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2010

Definitely not OP. People just don't know how to play against him because he was barely used at all until recently he's gotten more popular (kinda like corki, except corki really was ridiculous last patch).

TheOOB

11-20-2010

Malphite is a beast at laning, and he has a wonderful initiation ability, but he's not op. His passive makes him hard to harass, but is doesn't help much if he gets focused fired, and his damage output isn't that great unless he gets really fed, but that makes everyone dangerous.

In short, he's a tank, and a very good tank, but if he's ruining your day, it's because his player is better then you, not because he's op.

Cenerae

11-20-2010

People finally realised that Elementz' tier list is not the word of God and that Malphite is actually a pretty strong champion.

Net result: new flavor of the month champion.

Iaw

11-20-2010

I herd u leik hoarding ip?

12345 ... 6