Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Looking forward

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duckmaster

06-08-2013

Obviously, League of Legends has a full life ahead of it. The past 2 seasons have been huge, and this is one is as well. We've seen an assortment of very random, unique, different champions and backgrounds evolve into the well-oiled machine that we see before us and experience on a daily basis. But as we know, eventually, ALL THINGS MUST DIE.

Ha, just kidding, I'm not that morbid. But I'm starting to fear for the future, as I've noticed a pattern... As the time between patches increased, so did the time in between lore development.

Let's take the most recent event into consideration, the Howling Abyss in Freljord. If I'm not mistaken, there's is a supposed to be a war going on between the three clans, correct? Well I don't feel like there's a war going on. I feel as if I've just read through the prologue to a book, and the rest of the pages are blank. Excuse my distasteful reference, but Riot, I have a serious case of blue balls.

I want to know what's going on in the League, who runs it, etc. I also want to know about the summoners.... We as players are the summoners, correct? So let us make our own backgrounds as summoners, from where we hail to our favorite champion. So far our customization extends only to our summoner icons (runes and masteries are gameplay customization, not personal). Maybe let us pick from a set of different summoners on our profiles, y'know, where we currently all have an old dude staring at an orb -.-

Also, I want to at some point see some change and development in the characters, i want to see them overcome whatever obstacles they currently face. It feels as though you just want to give every champion a solid, understandable past, but care not for their futures, or the future of the League in general.

I want to see Xerath finally break forth from his chains and become the all-powerful arcane being he was destined to be.
I want to see Amumu find relics of his past that bring forth a rush of memory, so he may finally have some form of closure.
I want to see Rumble lead the brilliant Yordle minds to rebellion against the tyranny of the humans!!!!
I want to see Malzahar tear portals to the void apart in the sky and set forth the attempted end of Runeterran life.
I want to see Zilean find a cure to his chrono-displasia and save the lost city of Urtistan.
I want to see Teemo and Tristana's adorable little yordle babies.
I want to see Sona naked.... wait that's not a plot development...

But still, you get my point. You've given every champion a beautiful amount of detail to background and purpose, but if they never fill their purpose, then what is the point of their existence? To eternally kill each other for the pleasure of others? What a sick, cruel world that would be........

Riot pls. More lore

Morec0

06-08-2013

Could you do us all a favor and break up the wall of text? It looks like you have some good points and ideas in here, but the format it's in right now makes it a LITLE too difficult to read.

Duckmaster

06-08-2013

Yeah! Sorry, i don't really post on the forums TOO often, but ill give it a shot and try to organize it a little better!

Duckmaster

06-08-2013

Hopefully that looks a little cleaner, sorry bout that!

Essev

06-08-2013

I just recently fell upon the whole lore of LoL. I feel a little.. cut off you could say. I can't satisfy my desire for the lore with what's currently here! (Although everything so far is amazing!) I just want moar! pls

Duckmaster

06-08-2013

Quote:
Essev:
I just recently fell upon the whole lore of LoL. I feel a little.. cut off you could say. I can't satisfy my desire for the lore with what's currently here! (Although everything so far is amazing!) I just want moar! pls

Agreed, 100%! Glad someone else sees the way I do. Lets get some red eyes on this and maybe we can start a revolution :P

Sadistic Lulu

Recruiter

06-09-2013

that's right, riot, more facts!

Quote:
Duckmaster:

I want to see Teemo and Tristana's adorable little yordle babies.
I want to see Sona naked.... wait that's not a plot development...

now that's something that i want to see...

Duckmaster

06-09-2013

Bump! Let's get some attention, eh?

IceHound

Recruiter

06-09-2013

The lore is just a bunch of prologues at this point, and we'll never compete with other lores with our ****ty generic ones. Dawngate is suppose to have a rich lore as DOTA 2 is going to have singleplayer tutorial levels that also gives the player lore. The league's lore was something at one point but now it's dumb and dull.

The Rumble

06-09-2013

You misspelled "Rumble"

Because no one wants to see something related with Teemo

RIGHT?