Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

"Away status" randomly changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fourt3hLuls

06-08-2013

Ok, so most leaguers are aware that to change your status to "Away" you simply click the green light thats next to your name above your friends list. This feature is immensly helpful to people like myself who prefer to stay online while doing other things so i can be alerted when friends become available. Naturally i always set my status as "Away" to avoid endless game requests.

Now for the issue, it seems that randomly the status changes to "Available" without me even having the league window open. This is extremely annoying because i then get hit with game invites. I just want to know if others are also experiencing this, or if a fix is coming. Thanks

Starrow

Recruiter

06-08-2013

me. its hecka annoying

Zeot

06-26-2013

i have the same problem. Im always available but then it randomly changes to away ಠ_ಠ

Smitty G

07-05-2014

BUMP this **** is still going on and it's fkn infuriating. If I set my status to away, I should remain away until I set it back to online MYSELF.

KDragonL

07-06-2014

I have noticed this happening, didn't think anything of it.

Kstaraga

07-06-2014

I have had this happen. I notice that I will click "away", walk away from the computer for a moment and if it's after so long and I move the mouse it will go into "available" mode. It's been this way for months now.

Dumb Monster

09-29-2014

Quote:
Fourt3hLuls:
Ok, so most leaguers are aware that to change your status to "Away" you simply click the green light thats next to your name above your friends list. This feature is immensly helpful to people like myself who prefer to stay online while doing other things so i can be alerted when friends become available. Naturally i always set my status as "Away" to avoid endless game requests.

Now for the issue, it seems that randomly the status changes to "Available" without me even having the league window open. This is extremely annoying because i then get hit with game invites. I just want to know if others are also experiencing this, or if a fix is coming. Thanks

There are 4 different types of statuses in league of legends.

Online (green):
-When you are logged on but not in game, in queue, in champion select.
-This status is the default one and shows when you log on.

In Queue/Game/Champion Select/Spectating (yellow)
-Shown while in one of the above

Away (red)
-This type of Away is done manually by clicking the Green online circle. You will be shown as "Away to your friends.

Idle Away Status (red)
-Looks identical to manual Away status.
-This one shows when no activity is recorded on your computer for a certain amount of time. (Not sure how long 5 mins, 10?)
-This one will automatically go back to Online when activity is recorded on your computer.
-You can go from "Away" to "Idle Away".

Quote:
Fourt3hLuls:

To answer your question, you were changed from "Away" to "Idle Away" and then back to "Online" once activity was recorded. Someone probably shook your mouse or accidentally bumped the table or something leading to your Computer thinking you were back.