Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Gather the Fleet! (Discussion of All Things Shipping Here)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aloice

06-07-2013

If you're going to talk about canonization of certain ships... let's not get started about Lux/Ezreal and Lulu/Veigar again. Mostly the former one, because that's the one that deals with more current events, and God knows that one has been debated to hell and back in another thread.

I don't mind Riot canonizing ships if they do it well. I mean, heck, TF/Evelynn had no context whatsoever and they still managed to make it cute. Making X/Y canon would certainly tick off people who ship X/Z, but they are probably not going to argue against the canonization of X/Z if Riot suddenly changes their mind and decides to make X/Z canon instead. Maybe X/Y fans would think X/Y is contextually superior to X/Z and vice versa but... that really either walks on very subjective grounds or depends a lot on what Riot decides to do with characters X, Y and Z.

Gage Paragrine

06-07-2013

1) What's OTP?
2) Lee Sin + Ahri as unlikely friends.

Ahri, the lady who was born a fox, seduces people and eats their souls.
Lee Sin, the man who tried to be a summoner, killed a village, became a monk, set himself on fire for a month so Ionians can rally and force Noxus occupation to end, is a wise man with a level head and many philosophies.
Ahri can't really seduce him since he's both blind and dedicated to his (monk'manship?) training. Lee Sin would generally not get along with Ahri because of what she does, HOWEVER, Ahri feels guilt for killing, which is something she's having a hard time coping with since, as a fox, killing was life, now it's not.
If anyone wants to try this pairing out, be my guest, but Lee Sin requires some deep thought to write about as he's (likely) often making some profound philosophical metaphor. (Though I can see him making a few quick witted jokes.)
Bonus points if you can squeeze in some legit martial arts moves if they get into a brawl or spontaneous training session. Add in the fact Ionia is very much feudal Asian architecture and you have a great setting.

But I like thinking about a scene between these two because Ahri is a flawed character that doesn't know what to do besides kill and seduce. Lee Sin is a strong unyielding character that would not change his personality even if you gave him the planet. Ahri was given everything (human form), Lee Sin lost everything (summoning, a village, his eyes). Two very different walks of life. Just interesting to think about at least. In the end, would Ahri look up to Lee Sin and see him has a close friend/master? Or will this end with Ahri not changing at all and learning little to nothing from him?

kittytoast

06-07-2013

OTP = One True Pairing. Pretty much the pairing that just does it for you. You ship it so hard you can feel it in your bones and it's physically painful. No other pairing will reach the holy level in your heart that your OTP does.

Well, that's my definition anyway. I /might/ be a freak.

Gage Paragrine

06-07-2013

Quote:
kittytoast:
OTP = One True Pairing. Pretty much the pairing that just does it for you. You ship it so hard you can feel it in your bones and it's physically painful. No other pairing will reach the holy level in your heart that your OTP does.

Well, that's my definition anyway. I /might/ be a freak.

Heh nah, your just highly invested, enthusiastic, and supportive of the pairing. Nothing wrong with that.

kittytoast

06-07-2013

Quote:
Gage Paragrine:
Heh nah, your just highly invested, enthusiastic, and supportive of the pairing. Nothing wrong with that.

Awwwww thank you!!

Yasako

06-07-2013

Sona and Ahri,
sitting in a tree
F-U-M-B-L-I-N... G. A-S T-O H-O-W T-O G-O A-B-O-U-T T-H-I-S S-T-U-... forget it.

OrderlyAnarchist

06-07-2013

Quote:
Yasako:
Sona and Ahri,
sitting in a tree
F-U-M-B-L-I-N... G. A-S T-O H-O-W T-O G-O A-B-O-U-T T-H-I-S S-T-U-... forget it.

No. Please continue

IMTOOJUICY

06-08-2013

j4 shyv - go away, quinn
Vi Cait - couple who argues all the time, but stays a couple anyway lol
Pant Leona - childhood friends
Veigar Lulu - Didn't think much of this at first, but I have been swayed by the five billion pieces of fan art promoting this pair
Shen Akali - workplace relationship, SO TABOO
Lux Garen - for the lulz
Renekton Cass - for the lulz x 5
Mundo Vayne - for the lulz x 10
Katarina Urgot - for the lulz x 100

Frost Archer

06-08-2013

Let's see...
Off the top of my head, I love Garen and everything involving Garen (have you seen Garen's girls by chazzpenida?) soooooo, Garen X Kat, Garen X Sona, and maybe a bit of Garen X Kayle. And dare I say it? Garen X RIVEN X3 soooo kawii

I haven't thought of a good pairing for Lux yet :/ I really like Leblanc though.

There is always the norm too: J4 X Shyvanna, Ashe X Tryndamere, and so....

Friend wise: Ezreal and Rammus, yordels as a group, chogath and kogmaw, Leona and Pantheon, master Yi and wu kong. The three kinkou

Not sure if friend or..... Leona and Diana, the Piltover three (I am ever so tempted to break my long standing tradition just for this one story) and Akali X Zed

Graves and Twisted Fate (ultimate tag team but hate each others guts, like natsu and grey) same goes with vi and cait

Rivals
Morgana and Kayle
Ashe and Sejuani
Jayce and Viktor
Vayne and Leblanc
Lux and Leblanc
Shen and Zed
Leona and Diana
Kat and Ahri
Garen and Kat
Garen and Darius
Garen and Riven
Garen and Cassiopia
Garen and Talon
Garen and Marcus
Master Yi and Jax

I like shipping rivalries more than pairings I guess XD

Frost Archer

06-08-2013

Also kittytoast, LuxTalon. I CALLED IT! I TOLD YOU! YOU DIDN'T THINK I WOULD NOTICE DID YOU? And that aside. I am officially back, even with exams going on