Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Gather the Fleet! (Discussion of All Things Shipping Here)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OrderlyAnarchist

06-07-2013

For those unaware of the term's meaning, shipping is the act of pairing two (or more, but usually just two) characters in a relationship. The relationship b definition doesn't have to be romantic, but platonic shipping is pretty much dead these days.

Anyway, I made this thread up to discuss all things shipping. Post your favourite LoL pairings, the most interesting pairings you've seen, unlikely pairings you'd like to see... If you get lucky, you might even convince a writer to take up the challenge.

If you absolutely love to see certain characters as friends, but not necessarily love interests, feel free to post that as well. Just identify it as platonic, or friendshipping.

My personal favourite pairing in League here is Lux/Riven, which will be prominently featured in the story I'm currently writing up, but I'm also quite partial to pairing Ashe with Katarina, and/or Garen with Katarina. A pairing I'd love to see some major work in is Sona/Mordekaiser, and I know I'll probably touch that myself at some point, but I feel there's a ton of potential there for some very interesting storytelling. For whatever reason, I also like the idea of pairing Talon with Sona and Jarvan with Shyvanna...

What about you guys? What kind of armadas are you all sporting?

Aloice

06-07-2013

My League OTP is Lux/Ezreal, which is currently both avoided by most forum-goers like the plague and has nearly no good stories. If anyone sees a good Lux/Ezreal story rolling around with good writing mechanics and plot, please let me know. I'm currently writing And Light be the Path to Home (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3433632) but I have no idea if Riot is going to retcon everything in the middle of me writing it. Sigh, I just want to read or write something that proves that what I love is not a shallow Aryan scheme. Getting told that you have no taste in ships gets really old.

I'm a fan of the Jayce/Vi/Caitlyn OT3 - I like Jayce/Vi, I like Jayce/Caitlyn, I like Vi/Caitlyn, and I like all three of them together. Their personalities and motivations, ugh. Similarly, I like Teemo/Tristana/Rumble.

Things that would be great as either friendships or romance:
-Garen/Kat
-Jarvan/Shyvana
-Talon/Kat
-Lulu/Veigar
-Shen/Akali
-Zed/Akali
-Diana/Leona
-TF/Everyone
-LB/Swain if people know how to write both hate and love as well as political intrigue (I don't)
-MF/Gangplank
-Taric/Skarner

Things that are great as just friends:
-Ezreal/Janna
-Ezreal/Jayce (BROSHIP OTP)
-Leona/Pantheon

But again good fics can change everything and make Yorick/Karthus adorable or something.

kittytoast

06-07-2013

Garen/Kat is obviously my OTP I'm a sucker for forbidden romances, rivalmances, and all things with a strong female lead!

But I also love Lux/Talon as a couple (I keep it in the family, apparently). I'm of the sort that think Lux has a few issues. Talon obviously has some issues. WHY NOT PUT THE ISSUES TOGETHER AND SEE WHAT MESS HAPPENS?!

I think a good friendship/bromance pairing would be ZAC/Blitzcrank (they're both Zaunite creations, and I would love to see what trouble ZAC would get Blitz into. It would be like Kirk and Spock! But I've yet to see it and the story I have planned for them is far back in my queue. :<

Vi/Caitlyn, because they're already partners :P see above reasons for Z/B lol

Riven/Irelia - the potential there around redemption and forgiveness and finding the humanity within are enormous!

I feel like Yorick and Thresh would have a really good rivalry!

Leona/Pantheon - childhood friends.... what's cuter than that?

Leona/Diana - see reasons for Garen/Kat

Hmmmm. Yep!

Still Eternity

06-07-2013

You stir a dangerous pot by creating a thread where people can all discuss "Shippings". Ship to Ship combat here is likely imminent.

That being said, I do as well ship Lux/Ez. I've seen good arguements for it and none of the ones opposing have convinced me, and that's all I'm going to say about that particular can of worms.

Perdicus

Recruiter

06-07-2013

Quote:
Aloice:
My League OTP is Lux/Ezreal, which is currently both avoided by most forum-goers like the plague and has nearly no good stories... Getting told that you have no taste in ships gets really old.

You have no taste in ships

My personal pet ship is Leona/Vayne, Vayne's PTSD and fear of herself, particularly her sexuality. Combined with Leona's pacifism, protectiveness, and compulsive desire to help someone, after she failed Diana.

It's far from the perfect couple, they both have a fair share of skeletons in their closets, but that's what i like about it. The story of someone helping someone else through their troubles is one i find compelling.

Another point, one that Aloice brought up when we were chatting a few days ago, is that it's a very fine line between supporting someone through their problems, and being abused. Which i another direction i want to look at.

Eyowyn

06-07-2013

Ah! Ships!

I used to very much like Lux x Nasus, but now I ship Evelynn x Nasus. I also like Ahri x Nasus, which actually makes a small amount of sense, compared to Evelynn x Nasus.

Ceru and Rayny did a wonderful job with their Lux x Riven and Lux x Kat pairings, respectively, but I personally wonder if Lux isn't more of a loner who is too troubled for a relationship. Princess Garen's Lux x Talon I liked very much, as they are particularly troubled individuals who could find solace in each other.

Karma ships! Karma x Varus, Karma x Udyr, Karma x Fiora are my favorites. I also think a Karma x Katarina ship or Karma x Riven could work, though I've never seen it before. I write Karma x Fiora and Karma x Varus, while Grand Viper owns in the Karma x Udyr category.

Malzahar x Orianna. This one I see as just being cute. Malzahar x Kassadin is fine, too.

Kog'maw x Morgana, of course. J4 and Shyvanna I see as practically cannon, and I love GV's Sona x Mordekaiser too much for it not to be true. Though I wonder about Sona x OldLore Karthus...

I'm thinking about Sejuani x Volibear now, which I think is a good stopping place

Edit: Everyone should feel comfortable and safe with shipping whoever they want with whoever they want. I bear Ez x Lux no ill will. I do however pair my characters primarily based on who I play them with in game and I have a violent loathing for enemy Ezreals.

High Lord Blaze

06-07-2013

I think a HecxThresh would be amusing, or a ThreshxSinged (psychopaths).
Me likes
AkalixZed
AkalixShen
KatxLux
ShyxJV4
AshexTryndamere
TryndamerexAnyFemale
EzxAhri
AhrixYi

SilenVt

06-07-2013

I'm a fan of VeigarxTristana because there will be a lot of drama and such within Tristana. She would have a rift between her friend Teemo, possibly lose her profession and exiled from Bandle City due to a romance with the Tiny Master of Evil that has just tried to steal the prized Mothership (as well as horseshoes and balloons).
KatxTalon is also among my favorite shippings

OrderlyAnarchist

06-07-2013

Quote:
Still Eternity:
You stir a dangerous pot by creating a thread where people can all discuss "Shippings". Ship to Ship combat here is likely imminent.

That being said, I do as well ship Lux/Ez. I've seen good arguements for it and none of the ones opposing have convinced me, and that's all I'm going to say about that particular can of worms.

From what I've seen of the forum, most people here are pretty reasonable when it comes to discussions with others. That said, if this does devolve into conflict... I guess I'll just create a battleship thread.

Also, what are your guys' and girls' thoughts on canon pairings? Do you think Riot should actually make certain couples canon? Or should they stick to hints and allow the fans to interpret character relations the best way they see fit? I'd prefer it if they stayed away from canon pairings myself, given that it's not an ME style interactive story. When you have so many different characters, making certain couples canon is gonna tick a lot of other people off.

Still Eternity

06-07-2013

Quote:
OrderlyAnarchist:
From what I've seen of the forum, most people here are pretty reasonable when it comes to discussions with others. That said, if this does devolve into conflict... I guess I'll just create a battleship thread.

Also, what are your guys' and girls' thoughts on canon pairings? Do you think Riot should actually make certain couples canon? Or should they stick to hints and allow the fans to interpret character relations the best way they see fit? I'd prefer it if they stayed away from canon pairings myself, given that it's not an ME style interactive story. When you have so many different characters, making certain couples canon is gonna tick a lot of other people off.

I definitley think they should stick to hints and such. There's no rush to canonize anything at the moment.

That being said, Riot has been giving VERY strong hints towards Veigar/Lulu, which I think is incredibly adorable.