Ganking with Amumu

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KlausC

08-20-2011

I've started using Amumu alot as a tank+jungle, and although in most of my games I get pretty decent scores, as in x/x/2x, I've been having a lot of trouble with his early game ganks.

I've been able to land a ton of assists while not dying a lot outside team fights, but only during the mid-late game when team fights are happening. I can play the tank confidently, but its the early game jungle ganks I've been having problems with.

Lv6 and up is easy enough with the ult, but pre lv6 is where I'm not doing too good. For one thing, I'm not very good with his bandage toss, although I intend to, and have been practicing it a lot in custom/practice games. Second, I'm just a little iffy on positioning or how to secure a kill with amumu on all 3 lanes. Third are ward placements, I try to ward key points such as baron/dragon, and the tri bush, but for some reason people still rage at me for not warding enough. Is this just idiocy, or should i really be getting like 4-6 wards?

What I've been doing from the past games is rushing to 6 before I gank, but then what usually happens is the all "Their jungler isn't useless, leave the jungle and gank", when people feed lane, because they all need someone to blame.

All in all, 80% of my amumu games reach a point where a lot of team fights happen, and from there I truly get no complaints. However I would like to work on my early game to improve my overall effectiveness. Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated.

herpyderp213

08-20-2011

Don't buy too many wards unless you're getting the kills to support it.

It's up to your lanemates to pull back the lane as far as possible so you can get ganks^^

Other than that, it seems like you're doing alright

Anime? http://serenityanime.blogspot.com/

Healcannon

08-20-2011

you dont even need to toss pre 6 to get them to flash just start walking towards them. it also becomes way easier to toss if your closer and moving to them. what doesnt work as well is tossing in from like the river bush and expecting the gank to go well. also try other methods of ganking such as coming out of the side places near the towers in mid and going behind them. or when your lane is pushed and they cant see you going into the bushes in your side lane then popping out when the time is right.

most of the problems i see with jungle ganks is its always from that same river bush and 99% of ppl expect that. try to shake them up and gank in other ways.

SaucyBeast

08-20-2011

-learn to aim bandage
-buy like 2-3 wards every back
-if ppl complaining bout you buying wards, let them know its everyone's job to buy wards, not just the support/jungler
-try waiting for enemy to blow flash before you bandage

exes4eyes

08-20-2011

IMHO despair is stronger to level early. If you are taking tantrum, you're only going to get it off once, MAYBE twice in a gank. Get that red buff and charge right in when you think the enemy is overextending. Walk right up to them and wait for them to commit to running/flashing before using toss. At early levels, flash + red buff proc is often enough to initiate correctly and get position. Keep that despair on them, don't keep autoattacking. Get in front of them before attempting to proc the slow again.

Early ganks are high-risk, low-reward. That's just the way it is.

SchrodingersCake

08-20-2011

Don't initiate with bandage toss unless you have other ccs to follow up with (exhaust, ally stuns, etc)

Whalshy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2011

just stay in jungle till 6 unless you see someone overextending.

Zero000x000

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2011

Just get red buff, walk up to them, preferably from behind, and right click. Bandage toss if they flash. Just don't take too much damage in retaliation.

Herrbb

08-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalshy View Post
just stay in jungle till 6 unless you see someone overextending.
Amumu with one of the best pre lv 6 ganks, stay in the jungle till 6?

Loveappless

08-20-2011

When I jungle with Amumu, I hit blue, wolves, wraiths, golems, go heal, hit red then look for any lanes to gank. (Armor, health pots and boots by this point)

When I gank, I tell my team to let them push a bit, then i run in(usually waiting in the bushes in the river). I'm decent with my bandage so I start with that, followed by despair and tantrum, then just keep auto-ing them until I get into tower range, or they die. I don't ever expect to always get a kill/assist, but just force the opponent to recall, allowing myself and/or my team to push

As for wards, i mostly place them at baron and dragon, sometimes enemy buffs. If your team is complaining about you not warding enough, tell them to ward themselves.