Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Another Instance of LoL is already running.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Abusive Panda

06-06-2013

Issue No. 1
When I'm done playing LoL and have to go do something else, I log out and close my client. When I come back [some time later] my client gives me a message "Another Instance of League of Legends is already running would you like to close it?". I click ok and wait.. and wait... It takes around 15 minutes. Even if I restart my computer it still says this message.

Issue No. 2
If I'm not connected to the internet and click on the League of Legends launcher it wont launch (cause I'm not on the internet of course). But when I re connect to the internet my launcher will bounce once and do nothing. Even after a computer restart/ shutdown for a hour. I have to go back and re-install. I know this problem can be avoided by not clicking it but it just gets click by accident; and I have it set up to run when my computer boots. This is still an issue.

wrath0r

06-06-2013

Issue 1: I've experienced this. I just hit cancel, wait a few seconds, and reopen. Works great. I think the client is leaving a file around somewhere that is supposed to be removed on a graceful quit. A bug, yes, but no biggie.

Issue 2: Sorry, this one I don't have anything helpful for.

Trippy Crooks

06-06-2013

try hitting control alt delete going to task manager an clicking on processes. look for lollauncher.exe or rads_user_kernal.exe and end either of those processes.

Hulokeruli

09-22-2013

Quote:
Trippy Crooks:
try hitting control alt delete going to task manager an clicking on processes. look for lollauncher.exe or rads_user_kernal.exe and end either of those processes.

This is a Mac problem. Ctrl+Alt+Del cannot be done on a Mac natively. It also cannot read .exe files.

I am having the same problem as well.