How to play a AP Shaco?!?!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mana Grenade

11-19-2010

how do you play ap shaco? what skills, masterires, runes, and items do u get? and any lane tips?

StardustxDragon

11-19-2010

u dont

toastwaffle

11-19-2010

u pop into a huge group of enemies, pop ur ult, and hope that they go for ur clone. It's a decent aoe nuke. Otherwise ur pretty much useless.

Boomerax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2010

give 1 point to deceive, then maximise jitb and two-shiv, lvl up your ult when u can.
stack a lot of jitb in the brush and be patient, tell ur teammates to track your enemies into your jitb trap, when they are gettin clooser use your ult and go for them two-shiv when u can and kill em all.
masteries go like 9/0/21
u need mp regen and mana, summoner spells i get clarity and exaust. u can also take ignite or flash, depend on you teammates.
runes go for ap per lvl, man rgn, cd reduction and armor pen. practice this **** in 3v3 matches, they are easy, when u feel u are rdy go for that ace in the 5v5 summoner rift.

Soryuuken

11-20-2010

I used to play AP Shaco, it's pretty fun and funny. I ran a Mag pen Red, HP/ Level Yellow, MR/ Level Blue, HP Quints. I feel like MP Regen Blue is better though. His mana regen and survivability are probably the hardest to maintain. AP Shaco is very dependent off blue buff. I get exhaust and ignite on a 9/0/21 build. I start with an ability tome and a red pot and go to blue golem. You can also start at red, but your mana regen will be very low and is a factor when jungling. Either way, if a team fights ensues, your team will be in great favor because those JitB with mag pen and ability tome hurt. You just jungle as normally, with JitB tanking for most of your damage, ganking whenever possible. If you got a couple of kills go for sorcerer boots ASAP, but if you dont have enough gold, get a kage's pick and boots. Pretty much what you want is deathfire grasp, sorceror boots, and a void staff or Z ring by the end of the game. You have to learn to place JitB at key points. Your CDR should be decent from blue and deathfire grasp so you can farm and nest with JitB.

Retardoman

11-20-2010

I play ap shaco all the time.

9/0/21 w/ exhaust & ignite. You want the masteriy points in those two as well.

runes:
mag pen reds
everything else ap

Skill Priority: (make sure you get a point in q by lvl 4 and start with W to get blue buff)
R>E>W>Q

Item order:
Amp tomb - > sheen
Sorc boots
Meija's soul stealer
Deathfire's grasp
Sheen - Lichbane

Thats your core. Keep blue elxier's on you while you are building stacks on your meijas.

I used to try to jungle but I find it better to grab blue buff and use the mana & cdr to spam your shiv at people. Use it to last hit whatever. occasionally leave your lane to drop a box in the river. I like to work on a nest either in front of dragon or baron. Once you have 3-4 maintain it and when you see an mia from mid you can hope they come your way so you can support your nest.

The key with ap shaco is to not waste all of your time nesting your shiv is 1to1 on ap so don't waste its potential. Since you're ap you don't need HUGE nests. A nest of 2-3 with the support of you, your shiv and your exhaust / ignite combo is enough to kill most poeple.

Once your ap gets up there you have a very dmging combo of decieve in, death fire, shiv, auto attack. Shiv again when available. The role you fill as AP is anti-carry. You pick off mage's and carries. Many a game has been swayed when I burst down a stacked carry so we can win a team fight and push to victory.

Team fighting 101:

In a team fight your role is anti-carry. Killing off thier big dmg dealers. But this is not all you do. Your cone has decent base dmg and a 1to1 ap ratio as well. It hits big. When the fight starts send it into the enemy mass first. If it hits 2-3 enemies thats very nice. It can also finish off fleeing enemies if a tower or minion pops it. While your team is fighitng and just before hte fight you need to set up mini nests of 1-2 Jitb covering all the escape routes. Play behind enemy lines basically. This whay when a low enemy champ thinks he can flash over that wall its into your nest and die.

Utility:

Your jitb has great utility if you can learn to work it. Fear is powerful. Its also a delay'd fear which works well. Nunu flash in to ulti you? Drop a box next tohim and cancel that ult. Low hp friend trying to flee? Meet them half way and drop boxes on the way to them so they have a chain of jitbs to keep them safe. Your shiv does have a slow on it. Slow enemy chasers wiht it even if you can't kill them.

Jitb's can be used to draw tower fire. Have an enemy you can finish with 1 shiv blue pill @ tower? Move jsut outside of range drop a box dieceve in and shiv. It saves you 1 -2 tower shots on the approach. This is also a useful tactic for moving from one side of the enemy jungle to the other while they still have both mid towers. Move out drop a box as soon as both tower fire decieve across to safety.

Ap shaco can be very good but he takes a lot of skill and practice to use well. GL HF

Retardoman

11-20-2010

Decieded to play a game and got MVP. Had 16 stacks on meijas.

Voracious Eater

11-20-2010

AP Shaco is really fun. You have to control your impulses and let your psychotic mind reign. Because of his squishiness, you'll need to play conservatively and tactically. You can't go in the front lines. All you need to do is spam Shiv and place jitbs in the right places.

Runes:

Red - magic pen
Yellow - mana regen/level
Blue - flat cooldown reductions

Mastery

9/0/21 - to get full mana reduction from utility

Summoner Spells:

Ignite and Teleport

Spell Order:
Shiv > JitB> Ult > Deceive

Ranking JitB early will help you greatly with farming and make the grass of death much stronger.

Items:

I start off with amplifying tome and grab blue buff. If my team has a jungler, I grab meki pendant instead. Once I reach atleast 1k, I place a jitb in a bush (preferably somewhere behind the enemies). I recall and buy Fiendish Codex, a pot, and a ward and teleport to that JitB.

For team fights, you need to stay out of danger, don't initiate, and use deceive more as an escape mechanism. Ult when you're focused or to avoid a spell. It's also useful to send in clone to become a meat shield and proc it's explosion.

Thas Ninja

NessOnett