Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Irelia - Captainesque

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jokull

11-19-2010

Quote:
Tarcus:

One of the only things I want to point out is auto attacking after your Q DOESN'T use Sheen's proc. Q will activate sheens passive and ALSO use it, doubling the damage from 160 to 320. This will give your Q the ability to be hitting for around 600-700 (Without adding in armor reduction, armor penetration etc. etc)

q will use the sheen proc, but it wont use q's damage to calculate it, it still uses your regular damage for the proc bonus calculation.

a Sejuani

11-19-2010

Quote:
jokull:
q will use the sheen proc, but it wont use q's damage to calculate it, it still uses your regular damage for the proc bonus calculation.

Noting this too! ^__^

a Sejuani

11-20-2010

Updated.

Added Hexdrinker because it's well worth the 1800 gold!

Combat Omega

11-20-2010

Thank you, good guide. It made me buy Irelia and test her; and what do you know, she's awesome!
And I realized that you didn't put in Boots of Mobility? They work pretty well, swapping from lane to lane and rushing into battle. I don't see her 'low movement speed' and 'low attack speed'. When I played her, she was awesome with those.

GloryBox

11-20-2010

last game 11/4/7, 3 turrets ( she can 1v1 a tower mid-late game),80 minions.

red potion>boots>avarice blade>tabi>Phage>Ghostblade>Mallet>emblem. they had a lot of auto attackers, but she has so much SURVIVABILITY.

I have mixed runes, but its +4DMG 65 health, 6.3% CD/18, dodge 6.3%, 14% attack speed.
masteries 21/9/0.

i was able to 1v2 Jax and shaco, only surivivng cause i continued attacking minions ( we were in the middle of minions).

Irelia is amazing

a Sejuani

11-23-2010

Quote:
Combat Omega:
Thank you, good guide. It made me buy Irelia and test her; and what do you know, she's awesome!
And I realized that you didn't put in Boots of Mobility? They work pretty well, swapping from lane to lane and rushing into battle. I don't see her 'low movement speed' and 'low attack speed'. When I played her, she was awesome with those.

Yeah, depending on how much speed is in your Rune Page/Masteries-- Boots of Swiftness even may prove useful (Mobility if no one has Teleport on your team).

I'll update the boots--I been testing a few!

Jynxter

11-29-2010

I found this guide after playing her for awhile, and incorporated a lot of it into my build. Just sharing what works for me, and my playstyle. Note that I played 3v3 mostly with irel from summoner level 10-15

I take Flash and Clarity to start, but clarity becomes useless mid-late game, but i find it instrumental in continuing last hitting minions for the first few levels, and making money, and helping harass the lane. Its CRITICAL for me to not push the lane till level 6. Just let them push it, and get last hits early on. I had one match that I was able to last hit all but 3 minions for the first 6 waves. That was $$$ early on that the guy vs me didn't get since I would randomly harass him to keep him honest.

I used to start with Vampiric Scepter, Then get boots, then upgrade scepter to Wriggles.
Then I would get Stinger, and then Nashtors. I'm experimenting with the details in this post, and I like getting Triforce, as its an easy build item with Irel if you are able to farm minions. Right now I don't have good advice on a build, since I'm still figuring things out. I still like to get a Wriggles as the lifesteal on top of the Attack speed, and random minion slaying helps fund the rest of my items.

many 3v3 games I didn't get past these items, and TBH, I didn't know enough about items I just knew this "worked" for me at the time. With Wriggles I would solo dragon around lvl 8 or 9, which usually leads to a big push, and helps the team out, since my allies would be defending lanes, while I get dragon, then we all push at once. Its pretty potent.

One Key detail that has helped me a LOT was learning how to kill a full wave of creeps with the ult. Her Ult doesn't stop hitting things. More stuff in front of it, the more hits. its on a 60 second cooldown, and geared right you can kill an entire wave of minions with just your ult. 60s is every other wave or so. This is VERY good for helping to let your minions push a lane that is unoccupied later in the game. Not to mention you get a tremendous amount of gold this way, and exp. Later in the game I can take an empty lane and let minions push it to get towers down quickly. not to mention even if you are not aiming for champs with the ult, they tend to run when you kick it off either way, again making fewer last hits for them.

With the Ult on 60s cooldown, there is no reason you shouldn't be spamming it whenever you can. When in the middle of fights, it grants you life while you are tanking/Offtanking others, and when your minions have no other minions to deal with, they go for enemy champs, which has turned the tide in my favor in 2v1 situations more then a couple of times.

With a wriggles + her Ult, you can level very quickly, and get your items very quickly.

so my short advice to anyone playing her:
1) Early game focus on last hits. The $$ will put you on top early on if you can prevent your opponent from getting last hits.
2) Learn to Farm with the ULT. It does annoying damage to other players late game, but its devistating to their minions. When they are pushing your towers, and you clear their creeps in 2 seconds, towers go for players next. Pop a selective E to stun/slow em, and let the tower to the work while they run.

Great Guide, and one I keep up at all times while I play Irel, esp for those "What do I buy now?" moments

Mumboh

11-29-2010

I stopped reading at Hexdrinker.

AGCrew Bloodwolf

11-29-2010

I recommended this guy to a friend. I dont play Irelia but it looks pretty complete . +1

FYI: fix ur links, u posted http twice.

DrDoomMD

11-30-2010

Im telling you all....go ap on her.
Build:
Lich Bane first
anything else....

As AP with a lich bane she hits extremely hard. Her E ability is a slow/stun and has a 1:1 ap ratio. Early on it hits extremely hard and slows/stuns. Later on with some ability power you will be able to burst down any champ except maybe tanks. She has low cooldowns as well, if you;re in a rough spot pop zhonyas then come out and rape face again. Her Q procs lich bane on attack then E hits for a truckload and then activate W for lichbane proc and the added 75 True damage late game. Also her ultimate adds on hit effects which means lich bane lich bane lich bane! As a damage spec, AP is the only way to go.

For a tanky dps is a different story. If you're going to play her as AD or Physical, its essential to go tanky because of how great of a initiator she is.