[Open RP] A Day in Bandle City (v2)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fae Lulu

06-05-2013

Bandle City. The home of the usually adorable Yordles. Here, everything is always so carefree and happy. It almost seems as though Bandle City is the one last safe haven for Valoran, though very few humans have ever set foot here.

Inside Bandle City's great walls houses a variety of homes and stores that the yordle community live and run in. Because of a yordle's need for social interaction (lest they turn into Veigar), you will almost always find someone willing to talk and play with.

But don't be fooled by their cute size; Bandle City can defend itself very nicely. Here houses the Megling Gunners, run by champion and commando Tristana, and the Scouts of the Mothership headed by champion and scout Teemo. With the brave aerial squadron the Screaming Yipsnakes, with champion Corki as a highly decorated member, these brave men and women are half the reason Bandle City is so safe and free.

Key places to take note of:

Sablestone Forest - Reaches from the outskirts of Bandle City to the Sableston Mountains that surround the city. These forests are thick, and easy to hide anything. Don't be surprised if you find old mushrooms lying around.

The Great Wall of the Yordles - Guarded by the Megling commandos, nothing penetrates these walls. At least, nothing harmful. Surrounds Bandle City all the way around, and only two gates in and out of the entire city.

Megling Commando Training Camp - Located deep in the forest lies a training camp for the Megling Commandos and Mothership Scouts. It would be highly difficult to accidently find this, and even harder to escape.

Glade Lands - Currently closed off lands located deep in the surrounding forest lies a world of twisted reality. Just note: if you find any faes stuck in a birdhouse, don't help them. Unless you want to end up like Lulu.

Central Park - Main play are of all the town, the park is a large grassy area in the center of the town. In this park houses the legendary Mothership, and the unfinished projects that are littered around it. Scattered around are a few play areas, and more trees than Wukong could climb through. This is where most people hang out, and where the outside world pops in after teleporting to Bandle City. Even some of the shops and homes have been built inside the park. In some areas it is difficult to tell where the park ends and the rest of the city starts.

Mothership yard - A fenced are set up for people to admire the mysterious Mothership - an unfinished rocket that has sat in the center of the town since the first days of the yordles, and serves as a symbol of the yordle people's greatness. Many have thought of getting it to run, but no one's tried.

Mayor's Hall - Where the government of Bandle City, headed by current mayor Dennison Jadefellow, convene to conduct business. Anything that matters politically happens here. Also, there's always a plate of fresh baked cookies on the secretary's desk when you walk in, so there's that to look forward to.

Yordle Juniour Summoner's Training Academy - Set up by the League when there appeared to be a support to move to yordle summoners, this place is where the people of Bandle City learn the basics of summoning magic before graduating to the Institute academy. Think of it as high school for potential summoners.

------------------------------------------
BELOW THIS LINE IS OOC!

Back by popular demand, here is Bandle City. Now you have an excuse to bring back your yordle O.C's or make brand new ones. Here's the old thread if you wanna read through it all again.

Rules:

Quote:
1. ALL posts must remain PG-13. Kids read these things you know. If you want to "go in more detail" there are more private places you can head off to away from our eyes.

2. Please place where you are in bold text. This helps people follow what's happening where and helps follow everyone in the area. Simple names like Central Park Playground 2 or East Outside the Bandle City Walls will be fine

3. Don't interrupt other's RP without considerable reason. You can't just happen to pop up next to someone when they're having a conversation and start playing. (See rule 4) Ask them first if you can join, or at least come up with a believable story for why you are there, doing what you are doing.

4. DO NOT GOD MODE. This should go without saying, but if you don't own the character, then don't say what they did. That simple.

5. Yordle have authority. All yordle characters, champions or not, have priority in this thread over non-yordles. It is their home after all.
RP can now begin!
-----------------------------

Ask Mumu

06-05-2013

((Awesome, thanks for putting this together again Lulu! Let's do this thing, yordles!))

Central Park, just outside the Mothership Yard

Amumu sat calmly in the lush grass in Central Park, listening to the cheery chatter of the busy yordle hotspot. Even when he was not a resident, he liked the feeling of a community in Bandle City. He was a yordle himself, after all. He often visited the City from his home at the Institute to come and relax at the park, and breathe in the fresh air. Whenever he got a break from being summoned to fight on the Fields of Justice, that is.

Today was one of his free days, he was permitted to go, travel, and do as he wished. Not every champion was lucky enough to have that privilege. There were many who were kept locked up for fear of what they might do should they be free. Amumu considered himself lucky that he was not one of them. Instead, he got to do just what he was doing now; Sit cozily on the blanket of green grass in Bandle City, and just listen.

Leo the yordle

06-05-2013

Apartment building outside Central Park

With a sigh, Leo locked the door to his second story apartment, and began descending the staircase. He hadn't planned on going outside today, but he had to clear his head. Taking a bite of the apple he had brought with him, Leo tried to think of something, anything, to take his mind off of it. But to no avail. His mind always went back to the time when his greatest fears became reality, when he first felt the icy grip of hopelessness followed by a sense of utter isolation.

Leo had been told that there was nothing he could have done, that the outcome would have been the same regardless of anything he would have done differently, given the opportunity. He couldn't accept that though. There had to be something that he could have done. Something that he had failed to notice that would have made all the difference in the world....Something...anything he could have done to save them.

Leo finally managed to push the thought away, at least for the moment. But it would come back, as it always did, to haunt him anew. For now, Leo had to try and think positive. He knew he couldn't let his past haunt him forever, but it refused to go away.

After reaching the center of the park, next to a large fountain, Leo sat on a nearby bench, grateful for the serene calm that seemed to envelop everything.

((Welp, this post came through as darker than I had originally planned, but this seemed like the perfect way to bring up an important part of Leo's backstory. It also lets me finally establish that Leo now lives in Bandle City so...two birds with one stone, I guess.))

Fae Lulu

06-05-2013

Central Park, not far from Leo's position

Lulu and Pix had been taking a stroll through the park in town. It had been a while since Lulu returned to Bandle City, and she thought it might be nice to visit for a day or so. She didn't have any matches and the tea party she had scheduled got delayed when one of the bears got sick.

She skipped along, conversing with Pix casually.

"You know, I can't remember the last time we were here," Lulu exclaimed, "I mean, I know before something happened, but I just can't remember what."

Pix shook his head.

"Yea probably," As they walked, Lulu spotted Leo sitting on a bench. She waved toward him, noticing he seemed to be thinking about something.

She approached the red yordle happily, "Hey Leo. Whatcha doing?"

Leo the yordle

06-05-2013

Central Park

Leo was caught off guard by Lulu's greeting, surprised by not noticing her- of all yordles- before-hand. Wishing that he wasn't so depressed today, Leo put on a smile.

"Oh, hey Lulu." He said, trying to sound cheerful. "Oh..nothing. I've just been sitting here and...thinking."

Leo stopped himself from saying any more. He didn't need to bother Lulu with his personal problems.

Fae Lulu

06-06-2013

Central Park

"Thinking?" Lulu asked, "About what?"

Leo the yordle

06-06-2013

Central Park

Leo tried to think of a way to explain what it was that was bothering him, but he couldn't.

"About something that...well...something that...I...shouldn't bother you with."

Leo sighed, taking another bite out of the apple he was carrying.

Ask Mumu

06-06-2013

Central Park

Amumu was still sitting silently, when he heard the voice of a familiar yordle. Was that Lulu? He looked around the park for a few moments, until he rested eyes on her. She was speaking with another yordle, one he did not recognize. They were too far away to be heard from where he was sitting. He thought about going over to greet her, but he figured he should wait until they were finished speaking.

Fae Lulu

06-06-2013

Central Park

"Oh, it wouldn't bother me," Lulu assured, "You've helped me with so much already, the least I could do is help you out with whatever's troubling you."

Leo the yordle

06-06-2013

Central Park

Leo looked confused for a second, debating whether or not he should tell her. It wasn't that he didn't trust Lulu enough. He really did. But still, he didn't feel that he had the right to potentially ruin her own good mood. After a few seconds of silence, Leo responded.

"Well...ok." His gaze then immediately went to the ground between them.

"Well, a few months before we met...back when I still lived in Demacia...my parents became sick. And...over a few weeks they just got worse and worse until...until they....they...died.."

Leo was only barely able to finish the sentence. His voice had started to become choked and his eyes had become misty.