Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot why do you make my game lag...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xFatherOfLies

06-05-2013

Been playing ranked games all day. I jump into one, everything is looking good. Then during loading screen i have 300 ping when normally i have around 18. I had 0 LP and the lag caused me to loose. Which demoted me a division because i had 0 LP. Played a game right after it clicked the "play again" started the game had 18 ping... Thank you Riot for demoting me. Really Appreciate it.

InvokedLegend

06-05-2013

Riot doesnt make your game lag. Its one of 2 things...

1. Your computer from the 90's

2. Your Wal Mart connection (hue)

Cavo

06-05-2013

This has nothing to do with Riot, and everything to do with your own system. The fact that you did not know this makes me think you do not take care of your equipment, which will lead to this happening far more frequently.

Tál

06-05-2013

you're only silver, no biggie

Miskatonical

06-05-2013

Kandy here (moved my main account to new LAN servers for OP 5-15 ping). I have a brand new system I just built (6 core 3.8 Ghz CPU and 2 660 ti II graphic's card) with a solid Internet connection and I have been getting the same issue. Since Monday. I've been getting booted from games when the champ loading screen hits 100% and not able to get back in from anywhere 15 minutes till the game is over. Every time I try to reconnect it tells me the server is unresponsive and to submit a support ticket. That or I get an atrocious amount of lag for a solid 3-10 minutes total over the course of a game. I never got these connection problems using 3/5 bar Wi-Fi on my Hp G62 (a horrendous little laptop), but using an Ethernet cable to connect to a desktop for 5/5 bars on a system that is 10x more powerful I get latency in almost every game. So I definitely think that Riot's servers are screwing up here and there. Since I never got these problems until patch 3.7 anyway and a lot of other people are also experiencing lag in games since the patch that were not experiencing it before. I personally think that Verizon has something to do with it because everyone I know who has reported lag (myself included), is using Verizon.

However, in the event that it is on your end. Try removing your shadows from the game and setting the quality of everything to super low (you can keep the character models at medium if you absolutely have to). Also make sure to close as many background programs as you can before gaming. Also make sure you firewall is not blocking anything that the PVP client wants to do.

Update: Riot's servers have also been getting DDoS'd lately (supposedly) so there is going to be some problems until they can get that fixed. GD is all ablaze over the lag.

Tál

06-06-2013

Quote:
Kandy here (moved my main account to new LAN servers for OP 5-15 ping)

you will regret that

Miskatonical

06-06-2013

Quote:
Tál:
you will regret that

Why? I took over $100 worth of RP with me and the servers are located within a 4 hour drive from where I live. If I don't like it I can always switch back over. I've been meaning to work on my conversational Spanish anyways.

I also have this account, a level 6 that I use strictly for vs bot mechanical practice, and two level 30 ranked accounts I mess about on (One is a semi-serious AD type one and the other is a pure tank account).

Although I got the server boot issue on the LAN server as well so time will tell if it was a good decision for me