Master Yi Sale: 50% Off Master Yi, Ionia Master Yi, Chosen Master Yi, Assassin Master

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warrition

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

11-19-2010

Why is the bundle 50% off, when each separate component is also 50% off? Is there some fundamental marketing trick here that I'm missing?

In other words, shouldn't the whole bundle be something like 60% off, in order to give people a reason to buy it rather than just buying each component part?

JumpingFreak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrition View Post
Why is the bundle 50% off, when each separate component is also 50% off? Is there some fundamental marketing trick here that I'm missing?

In other words, shouldn't the whole bundle be something like 60% off, in order to give people a reason to buy it rather than just buying each component part?
Haha I didn't even notice that.
I might still get the bundle though..

badgerclaw

11-19-2010

quick! exhaust him!!

Rumuwi

11-19-2010

LAME when theres no way for me to get one of my fav skins too....

HungyHippocampus

11-19-2010

yeah, don't buy the bundle, buy them separately and save 1 whole RP haha

8mYzEWJRkIIM2gRT

11-19-2010

IM TELLIN YOU, earlier today I thought about how cool a Master Yi Sale would be and that I would get the Chosen and Ionian Yi, and now here it is. Im feeling like the boss right now. Thank You.

Stexe

Adjudicator

11-19-2010

50%+ Sale on Rune Pages / Rune Page bundle next plox!

Stexe

Adjudicator

11-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrition View Post

Ya it is silly, no marketing trick -- just bad math and bad marketing.

You can buy everything individually for 1299 RP while the bundle costs 1300... and you're FORCED to get every part. Better to just buy them individually.

Naughty Riot! BAD RIOT BAD!

JumpingFreak

11-19-2010

I'd pay 1 RP to save myself the trouble of clicking all of them separately.
Problem is that I already have assassin Master Yi.. Mhmm

Kerstley

11-19-2010

Man I bought Ionian Yi when it came out and I have never seen anyone else with it ever now everyones gonna have it : ( but at least I can get the recolored Chosen Mast Yi to complete my collection.

**** whats with all the sales lately? The Ionia yi is relatively new might as well weight for all sales now since there are 2 every week wooh.