ARAM Character selection is SHT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shampsie

06-05-2013

Made a new account just for ARAM games and purchased the one hero I want to play on it.

I've spent all day playing and only once did it auto select that hero rather than the free to play, BUT that one time someone left Q and I haven't got it again since.

The current system totally sucks and what I guess I'll end up doing is making many accounts with only the one hero and just leave Q and trying another account until I finally get to play it.
I guess 20-30 times I've tried for a game with my only hero on the account + tried using my other 2 accounts with many champs... total waste of time.

If someone leaves Q then it should give the same champions back to those that didn't leave.

The current setup is wasting everyones time by causing Q dodgers, and if you don't like it then why not change it?

Kalarepa

06-05-2013

Good. ARAM smurfs like you should by screwed at champion selection as much as possible, because you're trying to bypass the main ARAM rule and you're ruining the fun for normal ARAM players by doing that. You aren't any better than ARAM dodgers.

Even look at this thread. You're complaining, that you can't PICK the hero you want in RANDOM champion selection. Don't you see anything wrong with your logic?

Zielmann

06-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shampsie View Post
Made a new account just for ARAM games and purchased the one hero I want to play on it.

I've spent all day playing and only once did it auto select that hero rather than the free to play, BUT that one time someone left Q and I haven't got it again since.

The current system totally sucks and what I guess I'll end up doing is making many accounts with only the one hero and just leave Q and trying another account until I finally get to play it.
I guess 20-30 times I've tried for a game with my only hero on the account + tried using my other 2 accounts with many champs... total waste of time.

If someone leaves Q then it should give the same champions back to those that didn't leave.

The current setup is wasting everyones time by causing Q dodgers, and if you don't like it then why not change it?
You're complaining that you don't get the one champion you "picked" 100% of the time, when you only have a 9.1% chance of getting them? I hope you don't play the lottery and expect to win every single time...

I may regret saying this, but mathematically, owning 15-25 champs seems about 'ideal' for somebody trying to successfully smurf for ARAM. This basically gives you a 60-70% chance of getting one of the champions that you own. This will also gain you re-rolls at a pretty noticeably faster rate than on your account that owns just 1 champ.

Riot (and the community) don't really want people making smurfs just for ARAM. That's why re-roll point gain scales directly with the number of champions you own.

Shïren

06-05-2013

If you cant handle not playing your favorite champions, dont play aram.
If you cant play all the champions in your roster, dont play aram.
The fault is your own and nothing else.

Basist

06-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shampsie View Post

The current system is fine, it's people like you who are trying to abuse it that break the balance of what makes it random. I hope you never get who you bought.