Best guide for Master Yi?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lemons

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2009

I've tried those builds on the list, but I don't know. Is there a best guide?

Also is there a item build that would work on all tanks/dps?

hvywpnsguy

12-11-2009

Well, everyone's playstyle is different. Some people like to have frozen mallet for survivability but I prefer getting critical strike chance and attack speed items.

Here are items that I use. I just pick six out of them depending on how well I am doing in the game.

In order of Importance:

Chalice
Berzerker Boots
2 or more Avarice Blades or 1 Executioners Calling
Phantom Dancer
Infinity Edge
Last Whisper or Atmas Impaler
Phage or Frozen Mallet

Phantom Dancer is one big item that I always get. I always try to get at least 70-80 critical chance late game. I tried getting Frozen Mallet early and sure I could fight longer in team battles but it took longer to take down other casters. The faster you take down someone the stronger you will be since your ulti will refresh everytime you kill a champion.

I also get alot of critical damage runes.

I once fought against a same level Yi player with Frozen Mallet and life steal. I only had crit chance items with phantom dancer. He beat me with 100 hp left and that was because he used alpha strike on me and I didn't use it. At late game I can take down the whole team in 20 seconds.

Also, make sure you don't run in first. Try to wait the battle out a little. Then you can finish everyone off in the fight.

Kalledon

12-11-2009

Not to toot my own horn, but I think my build is a lot better then the ones listed in the list of guides
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=32897

DntEatYellwSnw

12-11-2009

I dunno what the main guides say for Yi, but Yi is all I really use and I've yet to come across a better build than what I use, especially for end game.

Also, for my Yi, I have all my mastery points in utility so I gain extra XP, and have shorter cooldowns. I like to solo as often as possible, the faster I level, the more money I make and the earlier I can kill heroes.

This is the exact order of items I buy every game:

1) Boots of Speed
2) Vampiric Sceptar
3) Dagger
4) Dagger
5) Dagger
6) B. F. Sword

The next items will start combining your daggers and other items to make new slots available

7) Beserker Boots
8) Malady

Now You have only 3 items (bf sword, zerk boots, and malady)

9) Pickaxe
10) Cloack of Agility
11) Infinit Edge

Now, you will have Zerk boots, Malady, and Inf Edge! This alone for yi is a very popular build, and great for assassinations and 1v1 encounters.

12) B. F. Sword
13) Bloodthirster

This will leave you with 4 huge items, and yes this does take a decent amount of gold, but if you are playing yi defensively and intelligently, you shouldn't not have died more than once or twice at most...and have gotten around 5 kills or so. After bloodthirster I will either go for Starks Fervor for more lifesteal and ganking assistance, or I will build up to phantom Dancer for more Attack Speed. If you are reaching this part of the build you are probably doing extremely well and are able to buy what you want.

The key to my Yi is patience, the best farming around, and playing smart and defensively. In truth, thats the key to any good yi player. If played correctly yi can turn the tide of any game. Yi is incredible at turret killing, and a great ganker for waiting behind the enemy in the brush for when they retreat, or don't think anyone is there as they start to destroy a turret. Some say he is OP, but in truth...my build is for quick kills! He is still vulnerable and can die quickly if you are too eager or arrogant, which is why I like bloodthirster, its a great lifestealer and espeically against tanks with a ton of HP.

De4thw0lf

12-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
I've tried those builds on the list, but I don't know. Is there a best guide?

Also is there a item build that would work on all tanks/dps?

start with a long sword, it helps a lot on geting last hits
also you buy a mana potion and if necessary you put one point in your heal on lvl 2 or 3, stay on the lane till lvl 6.
If you have to leave before u hit 6 u failed.

Port back on lvl 6, making sure your teammate knows hes solo from now on.
Complete madreds razor + buy vampiric scepter and if possible boots.
Now you walk directly to the golem, crush him with your ulti and start farming.

Your further item build is based on the enemys setup, for example you can get the boots that fit the most against the enemy setup.
Having troubles to beat their tanks? buy last whisper.

the only defensive stat that fits to Yi is dodge, in my opinion
your mission is not to tank anything, if you get attacked by more then one champ u should move out as fast as possible

offensive: attack speed > critical strike > damage

Oh and my playstyle actually is of the zerg, i stay mostly out of teamfights and take the chance to destroy a full line by my own, while my team is fighting in the middle.
In team fights against a enemy whos aware of your lethal dmg, you will die within 3 seconds.

PrinceLaRipper

12-11-2009

its always better to start with meki pendant and health pots.

Shiyuka

12-12-2009

thx u for sharing ur guild about how to play master YI. YI is my favorite champion, i spent almost my time to play him. With YI, I found many friends and rivals lol,and ppl stop calling me a noob when i play him.So i just want to share some exp about YI for u.
*1st, guide: i think u need a good guide for a new ppl to make u have some exp how to play YI well. U just follow that build, then u can create ur own build.I dont advise wat u should do or wat u should buy because YI is 1 of the most flexible champion. U can see many guides for him. Ppl buy items that suit their build and their control ability but YI have damage, critical, and speed.So u should stick for his strength
*2nd,items: There r 4 items that u MUST have r Boots of Speed, Vampiric Scepter, Phantom Dancer, B. F. Sword. There r the primary items for YI to become a "god of war".
*3rd, control: i think YI is the Chinese wise martial artist with shape blade. So dont make he become a brute. I want u play him with ur brain, not ur fingers.Even u finish ur build with full items, any1 can kill u,i said ANY1.Although YI is god of war,he isnt immortal.Ur enemies's top target is YI.So if cant control him well, they can dominate ur team because YIs weak like hell.U now is a leader or advisor of ur team, not a powerful soldier. There r some tips:
-Dont join a fight if u know u ll lose
-Dont help ur partners if they dont know how to keep their life
-Know when to escape and when to start a fight
-Have a knowledge about ur partners and ur enemies
*4th,something YI dont need:
Too must hp, armor and mp: As i said,YI is not a tank or mage.U just need a half of mp and hp when u hunt enemies. If u use it wise, u can kill ANY1 and escape safely.If u die when u hunt, see tips again
Farming in a long time for big money: If u can do that, i bet ur enemies r too noob to let u do that. If u let me know where u farm, u can be killed for sure.
Some short term items: if u dont know how to play YI or u follow a guide that advise u buy them, its ok. But if u want to be a pro, u should learn how to make and save money.
For YI users: i want to play with u if we have a chance to make our build better.Hope to meet u at other side