Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Skin Idea White Lotus Karma

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Uracle

06-04-2013

A skin idea based on the white lotus flower, a prominent symbol in Buddhism.
Quote:
"The spirit of the best of men is spotless, like the lotus in the muddy water which does not adhere to it."
The roots of a lotus are in the mud, the stem grows up through the water, and the heavily scented flower lies pristinely above the water, basking in the sunlight. This pattern of growth signifies the progress of the soul from the primeval mud of materialism, through the waters of experience, and into the bright sunshine of enlightenment.
It's not perfect but it's something I thought it would be a cool theme for Karma. Tell me what y'all think

EDIT: I decided to redesign this skin after some feedback from RiotPenguin some time back. I decided to push the white flower pedals more in the skin. I haven't decided on color scheme so it's grey scale for now

UPDATED DESIGN:

OLD DESIGN:

SoresuMakashi

06-04-2013

Awesome concept. Reminds me a bit of the arclight theme, although the inspiration is obviously different. Question: Why red at the bottom of the dress? It's not bad or anything, just unexpected.

Uracle

06-04-2013

When I was searching for reference on white lotus flowers I noticed some of them had red on the edge of the petals. It was an interesting look so I thought I would incorporate it to the concept

Laxtras

06-04-2013

wait, you posted this in GD, it got moved?

SoresuMakashi

06-04-2013

Quote:
Uracle:
When I was searching for reference on white lotus flowers I noticed some of them had red on the edge of the petals. It was an interesting look so I thought I would incorporate it to the concept

Ah, I see. IMO it might work better if I was lightened towards a more pinkish feel (that's how I remember seeing those lotuses anyway). When I saw that red one of the things I thought of was blood, which doesn't really fit Karma. Not the fault of the art, of couse, but rather the context of LoL. But still, this is great work. I'd pay for it in game (although the Karma rework has left a sour taste in my mouth :s).

Wait... it's Uracle! You're the one who did the Leona animation! You have a knack for making things that are up my alley

noxikon

06-05-2013

Ok, I really like this. Great job!

I also made a white lotus Lee Sin concept somewhere. XD

Sir Greed

06-06-2013

This is sweet and needs more attention.

Uracle

06-06-2013

Quote:
SoresuMakashi:
Ah, I see. IMO it might work better if I was lightened towards a more pinkish feel (that's how I remember seeing those lotuses anyway). When I saw that red one of the things I thought of was blood, which doesn't really fit Karma. Not the fault of the art, of couse, but rather the context of LoL. But still, this is great work. I'd pay for it in game (although the Karma rework has left a sour taste in my mouth :s).

Wait... it's Uracle! You're the one who did the Leona animation! You have a knack for making things that are up my alley

Thanks for the input. I'll consider fixing it with pink. Also, I'm glad you liked the Leona animation. I'm currently working on a new one

Shirayukimaru

06-07-2013

How do you attach a picture with its full size?
Whenever I attach a picture, it would just become a thumbnail

holeyfeather

08-17-2013

I love this skin