Need Kat Guide!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arkzend

12-11-2009

I've been playing kat alot and i really like her but i can't get a good build, and i need help.

Felix Akasaka

12-12-2009

Here's what I do, which works quite well.

First, be cautious but aggressive. Try to minimize the damage you take so that you're more able to tower dive early on when needed. Harass like a mofo early on to keep the enemy from killing creeps/pressuring you. Don't go against Sivir. Period.

Skills:
Bouncing Blade
Shunpo
The W skill
And then add Shunpo if you plan to tower dive/harass more
or Bouncing blades to farm a bit better. Use the W skill before bouncing blades for more damage

Summoner spells:
Heal/Teleport/Cleanse/Flash
If you're really confident about your early game, just get heal and cleanse instead of heal and teleport.

Items:
Doran's Shield + 1 health potion
Get the +3 movement boots.
Buy BF Swords until you need more health. Then get a warmogs. Start upgrading your bf swords to bloodthirsters.

After you get your ultimate and a bf sword, start checking lanes for kills. After that, it's mostly getting a hang for her. She's a jump in, unleash death lotus, run type of character. Getting CD runes and getting the golem buff help a lot, reducing her CD on DL drastically- (45 seconds with golem buff, 25 after 1 kill. 5 after 2 kills.)

Gandalf 007

12-12-2009

I tend to put up very good numbers with Kat (can check my profile to look at items also) by doing:

Doran's Shield (best item to lane with at level 1 for Kat, IMO)
Ninja tabi / Mercury treads
Phage
BF sword
Phage->Frozen mallet
BF sword->Bloodthirster
BF sword->Bloodthirster

Very late game (assuming it's not over at this point), I usually will pick up an Aegis of Legion for the team utility.

If the early game is not going well, you can alternatively pick up 1-2 hearts of gold, which helps kat catch up late game and provides some good defense.

I would not go Warmogg's or attempt to stack HP. Instead, work on the timing/positioning of Lotus. If it is being done correctly, it should be ending fights, not putting kat at too much risk. The damage is simply too important, and a frozen mallet provides a nice chunk of hp and very useful mid-game snare spam (using shunpo turns on auto-attack and with a mallet applies an instant snare)

Summoner spells I would go Cleanse/Teleport. Cleanse is necessary to land the ult vs good players, and teleport can be exceptionally useful mid-game because an AD (attack damage) build Kat is incredibly good at farming/pushing lanes. Teleport helps ensure you stay ahead of the level curve by putting yourself in the right place to wipe creep waves.

Siveal

12-12-2009

I haven't played Kat very much, but I'm curious if Magic Penetration works better than Dmg/AP stacking?

Gandalf 007

12-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siveal View Post
I haven't played Kat very much, but I'm curious if Magic Penetration works better than Dmg/AP stacking?
You won't want to stack AP. I was considering doing sorc boots for the extra magic pen (haven't tried yet). I do take the Offense mastery (based on Furor's recommendation) for 15% magic pen as well.

It's just that the +dodge from ninja tabi happens to synergize really well with a late-game KI+Shunpo+Lotus (putting her dodge up to around 90% for a few seconds)

Ubarax

12-12-2009

I'm actually currently in the process of writing a Kat guide. Hopefully I'll get it out soon (Finals week before winter break right now). I use a build pretty similar to Gandalf's. Feel free to check out my profile and look for a guide to come out sometime soon.

Monxide

12-12-2009

I once did warmog/sorc boots/atma/ mallet/ veil and was working on the next warmog. Had like 220 attack power and hella lot of hp lol. Was working wonders, but certainly this build has a slower start compared to stacking BFs