Irelia Late Game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

epaR sbooN

06-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampbanisher View Post
I don't often reach late game with Irelia but people say she is a monster late game. Can anyone tell me why? Doesn't her damage fall off hard by then and she can't kill carries so easily?
she EATS carries later even easier LOL

Flush

06-04-2013

Quote:
It sucks though I feel like Jax can do similar things... so why pick Irelia. I pick her b/c she is fun and graceful as a champ. But, practically speaking what does she bring that Jax couldn't do better?
Irelia's early game is where she farms.

Irelia's mid game is where she kills ADC's.

Irelia's late game is where she either peels for her carries, kills their carries, or absorbs alot of dmg (tank).

Her late game is going to change depending on what happens earlier in the game.

Brinzy

06-04-2013

Quote:
It sucks though I feel like Jax can do similar things... so why pick Irelia. I pick her b/c she is fun and graceful as a champ. But, practically speaking what does she bring that Jax couldn't do better?
I think her chasing abilities are superior. Jax mans up and rushes through, but after one leap strike and stun, the carry will probably dash away if they're a carry with this capability. Irelia has a longer lasting slow/stun and a longer (I think) ranged dash; plus, instead of resistances, she gets CC reduction so you can't panic ult her as Varus and get away with it.

Crisco Moonshine

06-04-2013

She falls off in that she won't be able to outright assassinate the AD carry anymore, but she is still a very difficult to kite, disruptive menace.

BestVayneMars

Recruiter

06-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinzy View Post
I think her chasing abilities are superior. Jax mans up and rushes through, but after one leap strike and stun, the carry will probably dash away if they're a carry with this capability. Irelia has a longer lasting slow/stun and a longer (I think) ranged dash; plus, instead of resistances, she gets CC reduction so you can't panic ult her as Varus and get away with it.
That CC reduction ^_^. I used to think it was a useless passive when I first started using her. But, as I got more games in I realized that CC means nothing to me... period.

Khaste

06-04-2013

Gg irelia nerf

BestVayneMars

Recruiter

06-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaste View Post
Gg irelia nerf
no more irelia nerfs

acually is tolan

06-04-2013

Quote:
Jax has a stronger late game if fed, but has one of the weakest early games of any top laner. Irelia can farm very easily early game and trade well with the enemy laner even pre-6.

Recently

06-04-2013

Her late game is so-so, it was her mid game that was really strong. Nerf to phage really hurt her though, since her old build was to rush a phage + wits end to do well early/mid game.

All the nerfs didn't help her out much either heh. She still farms fairly safely under tower at least.

WC3betterthanSC

06-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by epaR sbooN View Post
she EATS carries later even easier LOL
gl doing that, she's stuck doing her pathetic 70 true damage (or something like that) while the carries are criting at 1000.