What is Siren?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mjaxon

06-05-2013

People getting extremely angry over a crappy youtube video. Might as well watch Friday again and flip out that a 13 year old girl isn't a great singer.

Khaste

06-05-2013

team siren 4 lyf

Furinkazan

06-05-2013

There is no "All Male" team in the LCS. The teams just happen to have all male because these guys prove themselves in the challenger bracket and get picked up. This whole Siren thing is ridiculous. They'll end up splitting e-sport to male/female divisions even when physical strength here is irrelevant. By strictly being an all-girls team they already admit inferiority, and are here to prove a point (girls can be as good as guys) in e-sport, a point that's completely irrelevant in the first place.

TeddyBearsRus

06-05-2013

I really don't care who the Sirens are. I just hate how some boys are targeting all girls as if we are all in team siren. We can be gamers too. Just because a group a girls don't satisfy your standards doesn't compare to all the other girls.

NecroBrago

06-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efrath View Post
I honestly just think they are buddies that got together and hoping to succeed competitively as well as become an inspiration to help other girls to perhaps aspire to get better and compete in games.

Of course, people here always gets pissy and reat strongly whenever there's anything "ALL" something, be it homosexuals, females etc and being all "IM GONNA MAKE AN ALL MAN TEAM".

Except, you know, all teams are already all men as it is.

People focus way too much on the fact that they're all girls and assume things SOLELY because they're girls.

And no, don't come with any excuses, try at least to be honest to yourselves. You are assuming numerous things that hasn't been said or sometimes not even hinted at because of their gender.

Furthermore, I always see people always going "They shouldn't proclaim that they're all women and blah blah blah".

Why not? Because it bothers you? Because it irks you that they're stating that they're all girls?

Why, exactly, is that a problem? Why is it a problem that girls are boastful, arrogant, etc when it rarely is mentioned when male players are?

The problem that exist within society partly has to due with both genders having certain "Rules" as to how they should act and be like. A woman can't have *** as much as a man and can't be violent, loudmouthed and so forth. A man can't be openly emotional, gentle and so forth.

And everyone keeps enforcing it, which is partly why I'm against Feminism as they tend to enforce these "Rules" too by (For example by constantly portraying women as victims). But goddamn, you guys do bad **** too.

(Inb4downvotes)
Are you serious? You can't be serious. It's almost as if you didn't look into them at all. If they just happened to be all girls, then fine. More power to them. I don't think anyone would've cared, ignoring all the obvious idiots that are so original to make "Back in the Kitchen" jokes. The problem is they, along with that other team someone posted the video to, only advertised being girls! That's it.

First off, why the video anyway? You don't see other teams, tournament or not, making hype videos. They just play the game. They stream or post played games and let those games speak for them. Their "hype" comes from Riot after doing well in tournaments. They boast and are arrogant because they are good and not because they are guys! All these teams are doing is pointlessly starting a division in players.

A female player got me into League. I almost exclusively play with her. You'd never know she was a she unless she directly stated it some kind of way. She doesn't keep talking about girls or how guys think they're better. She just talks smack to the enemy team, win or lose, to try to annoy them into making mistakes. You wanna know how much gender matters to this game? You're considered to be whatever champ you're playing! No more. No less.

When someone is playing horribly in a game, they're considered a n00b, feeder or troll. I've never once seen someone play bad, or just be having a bad game, and their teammates or the other team starts saying "Ha! That Ziggs sucks! Must be a girl!" Now... and correct me if I'm wrong, but this is one of the few games where gender is never an issue. So why make it one? If you're going to make a team and claim to be the best or become the best, then shouldn't you be making a team out of the best players you can find and those that have synergy with the team?

You want to be taken seriously as a team, then be a good team. All this video says, and says it very blatant, is "Guys think they control this because there are more of them playing. We'll show them! We'll show them girls are better!" That's it. They don't discuss strategy. They don't say what attribute that actually matters in the game they feel will give them an edge. They're just picking a fight over a misconceived sleight. If there was any team claiming to be all male, suggesting they would never even consider female players, as these teams have done with males, there would be an uproar and that team's reputation would be destroyed.

Don't condemn it on one side and herald it on the other. That isn't equality in any way. And even beyond that, they made a big deal of 90% of the players being male and stated "not anymore" like they're here to change that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you want to play League, all you need is a computer, internet and an email address. It's not some boys only club and a few girls found a way in or fought to get in. There's just not nearly as many girls interested in playing as there are guys. Leave it at that.

That's the real reason so many people are "pissy and reat strongly" as they have. This is insulting to every female gamer I know. This is insulting to gamers, period.

MetroidsGun

06-07-2013

League of Legends is the most popular game in the world...

12 million people play every day.

32 million active accounts

Yet 90% of players worship false idols...

We're Team Messiah, League of Legends first ALL Christian Pro team.

Introducing our Roster:

Jesus "Our Savior" - I play support for Team Messiah and I'm ALWAYS there for my team.

Matthew "The Tax Collector" - I'm Team Messiah's jungler, and I'm here to collect.

Peter "Who was Simon" - I'm the Mid Laner for Team Messiah, and if you're facing me, prepare to be denied.

John "The Baptist" - I play top lane for Team Messiah, and be it the River Jordan or Runeterra, all I do is Dunk.

Andrew "His Brother" - I'm Team Messiah's AD Carry, opponents prepare to fight the Fisher of Men.

We're Team Messiah and we're here to save the world. One match at a time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yet 90% of players aren't Pro NBA Players who starred in the movie Space Jam...

We're Team Space Jam, League of Legends first ALL Pro NBA/Stars of Space Jam Pro team.

Introducing our Roster:

Top Lane - Charles Barkley: I'm not a role model... Just because I dunk doesn't mean I should raise your kids.

AD Carry - Michael Jordan: Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game.

Support - Larry Bird: Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Mid Lane - Patrick Ewing: Umm – it was – you know – umm – a good game. You know.

Jungle - Muggsy Bogues: They're ecstatic, delighted that I'm back on the stage, so to speak.

It's to shut up and jam

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yet 90% of players don't advocate for Man/Boy love...

We're Team N.A.M.B.L.A, League of Legends first ALL Man/Boy Love advocating Pro team.

Introducing our roster:

Top Lane - David Thorstad

Mid Lane - Michael Jackson

Jungler - Harry Hay

Support - Bill Andriette

AD Carry - Samuel R. Delany

We're Team N.A.M.B.L.A, and we're empowering youth in all lanes.

KRYPTØNITE

06-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotBuzzJack View Post
They said they want to win the S3 world finals. I don't think they understand how strong the teams in that league are.
You mean the koreans right? Because I have no doubt team siren can beat any NA team no problem.

ooo Sick Boy ooo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillClint0n View Post
who put 5 computers in the same kitchen?
best
comment
ever

Dunkeys version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7onpZl0tayA