Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[ONGOING] Riven Lore Comic: Only the Strong Survive

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Paper Yacht

06-03-2013

Hello!

I've started work on an origins comic for Riven called Only the Strong Survive! A lot like that popular Diana comic which was a huge inspiration. I have the work roughed out for 18 pages. Page 5 is live now and I am working on page 6! Thanks for reading!

I took some huge liberties with the lore, timelines, locations, and heck, basically all of Noxian and Ionian culture, so if you're a stickler for precise lore you're gonna hate this! Otherwise enjoy the pretty pictures.

Page six is up!

If you want to see pages early or would like to see more work that I do, you can check out amazinglyaverage.com (http://www.amazinglyaverage.com) or hang out with me on twitter (http://www.twitter.com/antsama)!

Shade of Akama

06-03-2013

you may have answered this already, but since Swain was crippled as a child why you did you choose to depict his younger self without a cane, or really any crippliness? ^^ other than that i think this looks great!

KNKL KNockmaw

06-03-2013

COMICS LOVE!!!!! Thank you for doing this!

Blokfort

06-05-2013

Lore comics are awesome.

Paper Yacht

06-07-2013

Quote:
Shade of Akama:
you may have answered this already, but since Swain was crippled as a child why you did you choose to depict his younger self without a cane, or really any crippliness? ^^ other than that i think this looks great!

You might be mistaking Swain for the generic drill instructor on page 1! Swain only makes a brief appearance on page 3 from the chest up. He does not generally care for these kinds of events but appearances are appearances.

Here is a panel from page 5 while I work on it:

Thanks for reading!

5preview.jpg

Paper Yacht

06-16-2013

New page up!

Paper Yacht

08-12-2013

Page 6 is live!

noxikon

08-13-2013

Sweeet! I like it! Do you do your own writing alone, or do you have friends/staff?

Paper Yacht

08-14-2013

It's just me at the moment. I would DEFINITELY benefit from a writer. It's not my strong point...