@Baba: How does Vlad deal with bloodless foes?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darmikau

11-18-2010

Being a Hemomancer, and having most of his skills affecting the blood of his victim, how does Vlad deal with those enemies who do not have blood? Examples being Blitzcrank, Fiddlesticks, and objects like Heimerdinger's Turrets. Do his powers extend beyond blood to include general "life force" elements - perhaps machine oil in the case of Blitzcrank?

Additionally, how does Vlad feel about otherwordly creatures or foes with atypical blood, like Kog'Maw? Is it frustrating for him to deal with, or does he find the challenge enjoyable?

A Bad Idea

11-18-2010

For that matter, the minions are basically wooden puppets, but Vlad can transfuse them just as well. Perhaps it has less to do with the actual manipulation of blood and more to do with the transfer of vital energy. Even though Blitzcrank is a robot that runs on steam and magic, if Vlad were to use Transfusion on him, it would be more like he was draining some of that vital spark rather than actual blood.

DaWugui

11-20-2010

What happens if Vlad's target has AIDS? Does Vlad get AIDS?

Poruku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWugui View Post
What happens if Vlad's target has AIDS? Does Vlad get AIDS?
I imagine his powers involve distillation of the blood and somehow precipitate or leave the AIDS behind.

selenvar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2010

Well when you look in vlad's hands you can see the blood that he is manipulating..

for bloodless targets he uses this.

Harmswahy

11-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmikau View Post
Being a Hemomancer, and having most of his skills affecting the blood of his victim, how does Vlad deal with those enemies who do not have blood? Examples being Blitzcrank, Fiddlesticks, and objects like Heimerdinger's Turrets. Do his powers extend beyond blood to include general "life force" elements - perhaps machine oil in the case of Blitzcrank?

Additionally, how does Vlad feel about otherwordly creatures or foes with atypical blood, like Kog'Maw? Is it frustrating for him to deal with, or does he find the challenge enjoyable?

Lets see:
He takes their blood from like 10 feet away, I'm sure he can figure out a way to deal with them.

Also.... its a video game....

MighMoS

11-22-2010

Ug, I didn't want to post this until my research is complete, but since you've brought it up I'll post what i have.

First off, dealing with the obvious diseases question, its quite obvious Vladimir's magical transfusion only removes the blood from the target, and not any diseases contained within. And although Vladimir has yet to reply to my requests for information, I'm assuming its the hemoglobin in particular that he is transfusing. This is evidenced from the fact that transfusing multiple targets doesn't cause his own blood to clot.

As someone earlier pointed out, Vladimir is able to transfuse minions as well as champions. Minions can be hit by this because despite being soulless, they are in fact, organic creatures powered by blood, food, and water (and air). So that's no problem.

Other creatures can also have their blood tranfused, and it will indeed make Vladimir stronger (see Appendix B and C for more details on Kog'Maw, Cho'Goth). As a vampire, Vladimir has no need for human blood, but simply some kind of blood. Kog'Maw's physiology does also require a similar substance (known as void-blood) and any second level alchemist can tell you that void-blood is transmutable into terra-blood and vice-verca if you know the correct rituals.

Furthermore, it is correct that Vladimir can siphon oil from the robot known as Blitzcrank. While containing no hemoglobin, removing this resource weakens the robot, and inflates Vladimir's veins, allowing him to keep up his turgor pressor. Any unwanted toxins can be expelled when he enters his blood pool state. In fact, its required, which is why the vampire appears weaker usually after exiting his blood pool.

Vladimir can also use his transfusion magic on inanimate objects such as Heimerdinger's turrets and Shaco's jitbs, because he's a ****.

I hope this cleared things up, and I look forward to disclosing the rest of my results when I have completed my research.

Fuzzery

11-22-2010

The more important question is, why doesn't vlad get drunk when he uses transfusion on gragas

RiotBabagahnoosh

Creative Designer

Follow babagahnoosh on Twitter

11-23-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmikau View Post

Great question.

I look at it more like life essence in those cases rather than simply blood. His hemomantic abilities are primarily focused on blood (hence the hemo-), but it works universally.

To Vlad blood is blood, regardless of whether it is red or green or blue or machine oil - it's all his for the taking.

Qwert

11-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotBabagahnoosh View Post
Great question.

I look at it more like life essence in those cases rather than simply blood. His hemomantic abilities are primarily focused on blood (hence the hemo-), but it works universally.

To Vlad blood is blood, regardless of whether it is red or green or blue or machine oil - it's all his for the taking.
He is after all "a universal recipient."