Elo clamping

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryuuji

06-02-2013

When does elo clamping usually start? I heard it starts once it goes past the 50 lp mark in division 1, but elo clamping start for me as soon as I hit silver 1. I'm getting 3-6 lp for a win and losing 4-5 lp for a loss...why is it clamping me when I just hit silver 1?

Ryuuji

06-02-2013

My friend who is also in silver 1 has the exact same win rate as me (56%), and he is getting ~26 lp for a win and losing 8-9 lp for a loss. Why is my lp gain and loss different from his?

The Mechy

06-02-2013

When you least expect Riot hits you with it!

Fear the clamp!

You will be clamped for one reason if ever clamped: Your MMR is not high enough to proceed through the gate of gold/silver/etc

Ryuuji

06-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanical Heart View Post
When you least expect Riot hits you with it!

Fear the clamp!

You will be clamped for one reason if ever clamped: Your MMR is not high enough to proceed through the gate of gold/silver/etc
Yea but my MMR is based on win rate right? I have the same win rate as my friend but he's getting way more than I am and losing less than half the amount he gains

Ryuuji

06-02-2013

bump

kKazuo

06-02-2013

mmr isn't based on win rate it's based on an estimated skill level as indicated by "match making rating" they try to match you with people that are equivalent to you in skill level. you have probably lost a lot of games to enemy teams that were in silver or lower which will plummet your mmr

The Mechy

06-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueToonLink View Post
Yea but my MMR is based on win rate right? I have the same win rate as my friend but he's getting way more than I am and losing less than half the amount he gains
Well, you should be winning about 50% of your games at every MMR (assuming you're at the right MMR), so that's not a good way to base whom has the higher MMR.

If you want an APPROXIMATION on what your MMR is, use this site:

www.lolking.net

Ryuuji

06-02-2013

My mmr is approximately 1440. Is that a low enough mmr for clamping in silver 1?

Ryuuji

06-02-2013

bump