Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I suck at roaming..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PvP Dust

06-02-2013

Okay while this is probably one of the BASICS OF BEING IN MID...I completely suck at roaming. More often than not, unless I'm running teleport or playing Twisted Fate, I rarely ever leave the mid lane. And there have been games where another lane struggled and I didn't roam down there to help like I should've. When I do manage to roam down to the bot lane, I always find 3 things. 1. The entrances to bot are warded. 2. They have the damage to kill us. 3. Their mid always follows me. I don't think I pick the best times to roam but I do need to get better at it or else I'll never really be efficient at helping my team. This could be related to the champions I pick for mid like Morgana or Jayce and so forth.

So my question is, what Mid champs are best suited for roaming, and what are the optimal times to roam to bot (or top) to help a lane?

l Balthazar l

06-02-2013

To know when to roam you should try communicating with your lanes, assist the jungler when he goes to gank or follow your opposing mid lane down for the most part.

Cavo

06-02-2013

Morgana and Jayce are great for roaming. The best roaming champions are the ones who can clear the wave so it shoves on the other players tower, and then you go roam while they're csing under the turret. Chances are they take too long t realize you went mia or they don't bother to call it. And if they do follow you like they should, they lose cs to the turret.

l Balthazar l

06-02-2013

Yeah a short list of good roaming champs would be
Ahri, Diana, Fizz, kass, kha'zix, xerath, lissandra, and jayce.

Paragón

06-02-2013

Quote:
DustOnTheCeiling:
Okay while this is probably one of the BASICS OF BEING IN MID...I completely suck at roaming. More often than not, unless I'm running teleport or playing Twisted Fate, I rarely ever leave the mid lane. And there have been games where another lane struggled and I didn't roam down there to help like I should've. When I do manage to roam down to the bot lane, I always find 3 things. 1. The entrances to bot are warded. 2. They have the damage to kill us. 3. Their mid always follows me. I don't think I pick the best times to roam but I do need to get better at it or else I'll never really be efficient at helping my team. This could be related to the champions I pick for mid like Morgana or Jayce and so forth.

So my question is, what Mid champs are best suited for roaming, and what are the optimal times to roam to bot (or top) to help a lane?

The best time to roam is when it's the most inconvenient time to roam for the enemy mid laner. i.e. when there's a large minion wave at their turret where if they don't occupy the lane to farm it, they will lose a bunch of resources in terms of EXP and gold.

Shove ALL THE WAY TO TURRET, find an overextended lane and make sure to not run past any wards, or make sure that if you absolutely have to run over a ward that they won't have enough time to react to your movements. Also, roaming is a lot more effective when you have your jungler helping you out.

Also, when the enemy mid laner follows you there's a good kill opportunity if you know how to utilize terrain as you can isolate them in an open field, and assuming you are farming properly you may be able to score a free kill.

PvP Dust

06-03-2013

WOOHOO! I finally got roaming down! Their Xin was camping the top lane while the enemy Varus got 3 kills in bot, including the double kill on our bot lane he had just got. I head to bot as Morgana and their jungler teleports in to help them take the turret. I flash in, ult, snare Xin, ignite Varus, and drop my Tormented Soil on their support Jarvan (yes support J4) and pick up a near instant triple kill AND two shut downs.

PvP Dust

06-03-2013

The enemy xerath did follow me and I was low, he tried to kill me under the turret by stunning me and dropping his ult on me (my black shield was down) but with a few fancy jukes to just barely avoid the edge of his ults I managed to get out with 40 hp and the turret executed him.

Cavo

06-03-2013

Can't wait for the xerath remake, he seems like he's gonna be fun.

PvP Dust

06-03-2013

He looks interesting. I love how Xerath is but the new one will take a lil' getting used to. I'm still waiting on Heimerdingers rework..

l Balthazar l

06-03-2013

Xeraths already very strong if played right I hope they don't make him to strong don't need my adc getting nuked from over the wall at my turret ever game lol.