Is the Mac Client in a good enough state for me to buy an Apple computer?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

graydoubt

06-10-2013

Im playing on a 2012 Macbook Pro and it is perfect.

DoublePhisting

06-10-2013

I will always buy a mac but for most games, I run Bootcamp (Windows on my mac) since the same games run 2x as good for some reason than if I run them on Mac OS (even though it's the same damn computer). I haven't tried the mac client yet (which is why I was reading this thread, to see reviews), but i've heard from a few people that it was buggy and crashed sometimes, while I can run LoL through Bootcamp on my 2010 Macbook on (I think all) high settings.

Ya DEFINITELY get a mac, they're so kickass. Just don't be afraid to take the extra time to figure out how to install Windows on it so you can have the best of both worlds. Also, if you buy a mac laptop, the graphics card is actually soldered onto the logic board, so you can't ever swap it out for a new one (without pro skills), so either pay the extra to get the best graphics card option, or just get a mac pro desktop.

http://www.apple.com/mac-pro/

by the way, the new reveal at WWDC is SICK, check out the link

wrath0r

06-11-2013

At this point I would say the mac client is absolutely not good enough, nor is it supported well enough, but that the Windows client should run like a dream in bootcamp so buy one anyway! :-)

PHAR0CYDE

06-12-2013

i honestley think you should stay with pc mac is great and all but just everything is slow and stuff

i would get a pc but i need mac for work

TheM4inEvent

06-12-2013

Honestly if your buying a mac dont get it for gaming Pc is by far the better choice my opinion mac is good for music, movie making, garageband ect. LOL runs horribly for mac theres usually an issue once a week and takes some time to fix like today with the 3.8 patch you can have the best graphics card and processor for mac but your going to still have issues with this game due to riots end and how they release there hot fixes and patches, You can always run Bootcamp and have both but ide say go PC if your a gamer there easily upgradable