Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Which do you prefer?

Demacia 17 37.78%
Noxus 28 62.22%
Voters 45 .

Noxus or Demacia?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meshly

06-01-2013

Which of the two do you like better. Personally I say Noxus, since Demacia is for cats. That and Noxus has a government system I can enjoy more. Screw status quo!

EDIT: **** wrong forum board. Uh, I guess this can work since Noxus and Demacia are part of the lore. And it is how you like them lore-wise and stuff.

Ebonmaw Dragon

06-01-2013

I preffer Zaun, Ionia and even Bandle

I dislike Noxians and Demacians (Except for Draven and Shyvana)

Meshly

06-02-2013

I am talking about between the two, if it was expanded to the whole Valoran I'd pick Shadow Isles. But it's not.

OneDaySlater

06-03-2013

The Noxian way of life, while not inherently worse off, is much more open to general corruption. They're xenophobic against pretty much any non-human (or former dead human things) and are the reason Veigar is the way... Veigar is.

They have slave arenas where individuals are forced to fight to the death, with quite substantial body counts, such as Xin Zhao's 100 win battle. The Journal of Justice mentions that Alistar is in relative seclusion because he doesn't trust Noxus not to exploit and hunt down the rest of his kind, so he's yet to reunite with them. Noxus has had barbarian pacification campaigns, which for the most part seemed like general slaughter. So much that the barbarians actually ran away to the Freljord. They invaded Ionia and then had the gall to claim it was for the Ionian's betterment, while they had Singed raining down chemical death and the utter destruction of Varus' innocent, undefended village.

Within the capitol, the theory that "The Strong advance" is nice, but all the key players in Noxus sans Darius don't really exhibit any strength. Swain defeated Kerian Darkwill, but it sure looks like "Swain" was actually LeBlanc since the story involves him blinking around and saying her quotes. Cassiopeia is a snake woman because she's a lying temptress. Draven turns public executions into a bloody sport.

Honestly, the only members of Noxus I can respect even a little bit are Darius and Talon, because they embody the Noxian spirit in it's purest form. Strength. The strong rule and deserve to. But they're the only two Noxians that act like it.

On the other hand, we have Demacia. We actually don't have a whole lot of knowledge about Demacia, just lots of heresay. Most people point to Lux's judgment as proof that there's something fishy, but it honestly seems pretty cut and dry. Demacia has mandatory military requirements (shorter than Noxus' too), so Lux being taken away to serve isn't really all that out of the ordinary. Critics then also state that Lux gets 'brainwashed', but I don't see that either. There's a difference between indoctrination and brainwashing. No one hooked Lux up to a static electricity ball and showed her endless broadcasts of Demacian awesomeness until she was a robot spouting it back. The reality is that indoctrination is a very common thing within militaries.
"Classroom instructions are given in each of the seven "Army Core Values," which include loyalty, duty, respect, selfless service, honor, integrity, and personal courage (meant to spell out the mnemonic LDRSHIP, or "leadership&quot." - Taken from the US Army Basic Training Wikipedia page.

It's arguable that Lux, during the course of her training, resigned herself to the fact that she now belonged in the military for a time and accepted it. In so accepting it, she excelled, like her parents figured she would.

Quinn's story shows us that even commoners can advance in Demacia if they're exceptional, so it's not always the status quo. Demacia also seems to have a stable Government with numerous political bodies to keep one from being too overwhelming. While some of their laws may be Draconian, I'd argue that again, that's not a bad thing. Again, the bio for Demacia states that courts do take mitigation and mercy into consideration, so again, it's not "You stole this bread so you will now die."

TL;DR Noxus is super corrupt, Demacia, to me is the better option.

Give me Justice over Freedom any day of the week.

Blitztrooper

06-03-2013

I think Noxus is more badass.

It's fiction; if Noxus was real, I would despise it, but since it's fake, it's pretty badass.

Ferr3t

06-03-2013

I prefer Noxus to Demacia mainly because I vastly prefer a meritocracy to an aristocracy. Every single person in power in the Noxian system is there because they earned it, not because they were born to it, with the arguable exception of Katarina and Cassiopeia. However, they excel in their chosen fields (well, excelled in Cass's case, I don't think she's seducing many visiting officials in her current state) because if they didn't they would have been tossed aside the moment their father was out of the picture. Quinn was given heightened status as a reward for her actions, yes, but she's the exception rather than the rule.

In terms of their ideology I think there's a lot about Demacia that we don't see. They have a zealous hatred of anything they believe to be evil, and we know what that can bring about in people. Overall, I'd rather work within a system open to corruption, which can be changed, rather than one open to zealotry.

Phane Sorter

06-04-2013

Noxus because Swain, that is all.

OneDaySlater

06-04-2013

Quote:
Fed0raFerret:

In terms of their ideology I think there's a lot about Demacia that we don't see. They have a zealous hatred of anything they believe to be evil, and we know what that can bring about in people. Overall, I'd rather work within a system open to corruption, which can be changed, rather than one open to zealotry.

But how could you go about changing it? Topple Swain? Not a chance. You'd run into Darius first and that'd be the end of that. Even if you managed to challenge Swain, he'd likely just cheat again and that'd be that. There's no changing it because Swain is the nexus of corruption and power. He holds all the cards.

And yeah, Demacia is Zealous, but I'd argue for zealotry over blatant racism and genocidal campaigns every day of the week. After all, in Runeterra there actually is quantifiable evil things that are worth opposing. And yeah, they hate Noxus and all the stuff Noxus does, but both J4 and Garen have overlooked that in the past. Quinn as well. They're willing to look at the bigger pictures when considering their world view.

Fuc3master

06-04-2013

They're basically the supernations from 1984, except with wizards. The only difference between them is location and paint color.

Vongeo

06-04-2013

@ Tech

How do you not respect Urgot or Sion or at least see their noxian values of strength?

Also, I Believe swain and le blanc are living out the noxian Survivial of the strongest, but instead of just the simple brooding strength of Darius they have a stength of cunning (Swain is the master tactician). They have power far greater than other noxians in that its social power.

I vote noxus over Demacia. Demacian justice is too self righteous.