Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Boycot Purple side

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cherubrad

06-02-2013

Quote:
Fiddlybitz:
It's possible the map is only developed in a single direction. Meaning, if they just rotate the camera 180 degrees, you might be looking at some glitchy terrain / graphics. Shouldn't be a huge issue for them to support it despite this possible limitation.

That said, I wonder if there is any empirical evidence to support the hypothesis that purple side is at a disadvantage. If it is as you say, then win ratios should be slightly in favor of the blue team. I can understand Marblesz's remark about limited visibility when syncing the camera to the character, but I personally only think that function is useful when you need to use quick and accurate movement around your character.

Beyond that on marginal advantage, there's not much difference. Both teams have to scroll their camera just as far to get an optimal viewpoint, they just have to scroll their characters into different corners of the screen.

There's a lot of evidence that Blue side is better than Purple. In fact, to adjust this on the aggregate level, Riot admits to giving the Purple team a slight MMR bonus over the Blue side. (This is from SR)

Also, not only do you have a limited view distance on purple side, but your UI further limits that view.

SilverKrasue

06-02-2013

I think THIS (http://www.elophant.com/league-of-legends/charts/other) is relevant here.

FDru

06-03-2013

Quote:
SilverKrasue:
I think THIS (http://www.elophant.com/league-of-legends/charts/other) is relevant here.

It's interesting, but SR is not symmetrical so camera position alone may not be the only factor.

However, I would not be surprised if blue side wins a significant majority of the games on Howling Abyss. Purple side feels like it requires about twice the amount of camera work to play on.

Dukasho

06-03-2013

Interesting site. Basicly you are going to loose 10% more games, just because your on purple side

Shtein Hakaset

06-03-2013

One thing I hate about purple is when I roll Jayce and try to use a gated Q, I sometimes scroll the screen and fire, but instead of shooting, it opens up my store..... Then I die because I stand there like a complete tool (also happens with other ranged champs, but most notably with Jayce).

ZenithZephyr

06-03-2013

Agree. Although symmetrical would be best, even a 15 degree tilt would improve things dramatically (and show off some more of that awesome stuff happening in the background.

xNameless

06-03-2013

I don't disagree with the option to flip camera angles in principle, but I honestly think the disadvantages are being overstated.

And while in the 0.5 second where your camera is centered there is a limit to your bottom range, I doubt you're keeping it there for long. I think that example is extremely situational.

-xN

Chibi Bot

Recruiter

06-03-2013

Honestly when I play purple side I feel like I have the high ground and I feel like I'm at an advantage in ARAM :P

Postitmonkey

06-03-2013

Quote:
Chi├či:
Honestly when I play purple side I feel like I have the high ground and I feel like I'm at an advantage in ARAM :P

lol same here. im reading all these post's and i don't see the bid deal. well i will see. because im going to play now and i just got purple side. see you once the game is over!

Postitmonkey

06-03-2013

here are the results... i was on purple side. we won 61 and 57... i alone went 32 and 10... i like purple side better!