Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Boycot Purple side

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dukasho

06-01-2013

I am now boycotting purple side until the camera angle is turned side to side for equal viewing distance for both teams (same angle as Dominion camera). I ask all that dislike being at a disadvantage (and yes, even with unlocked camera it IS because you spend more time moving it and less focusing on the fight) just because of the side you are on, to JOIN ME.

Every game I end up on purple side I will dodge, period (You can tell by the color of your "Your Team" font above champions in character select). I will no longer suffer frustration of having nearly 400 range less of viewing distance just because of the side i'm on.

I have yet to ever see a response from a Red on the reasoning behind an unfair camera angle.

http://imgur.com/a/lXInj

JOIN ME

xNameless

06-01-2013

Yup, looks like a L2Unlock camera. Sorry bruh, but your argument is invalid, unless you think locked camera is literally the only way people play.

With a locked camera you are choosing to give yourself this handicap. And no, unlocked camera does not somehow force purple side to move the camera any more than the bottom team, if both teams are using unlocked cameras.

-xN

Dukasho

06-01-2013

I don't play locked camera. Never have in over 5k games played.

Doesn't change the fact that with some champs with extreme ranges your champion isn't even on the screen on purple side when your scrolled to see the battle at your max ranges, it's rediculous.

Marblesz

06-01-2013

xN the whole point being that if you play with an unlocked camera you don't have issues? I have issues because when you press space to sync your player you're losing a lot of the area where your enemies are usually at.

I don't see a problem with them implementing camera angle swapping as an option aside from some features not being easily seen...

SilverKrasue

06-01-2013

Don't see any reason why Riot can't just implement an option to flip the map to the other perspective. I also do not understand why certain people are against this option...

Some people just feel more comfortable playing from that angle... simple as that. o.O

stryker123abc

06-02-2013

I agree, it's an extreme disadvantage. To those saying just play in unlocked, some people (including myself) having difficulty playing like this due to shaky hands, or sensitive mice. Support.

Fiddlybitz

06-02-2013

It's possible the map is only developed in a single direction. Meaning, if they just rotate the camera 180 degrees, you might be looking at some glitchy terrain / graphics. Shouldn't be a huge issue for them to support it despite this possible limitation.

That said, I wonder if there is any empirical evidence to support the hypothesis that purple side is at a disadvantage. If it is as you say, then win ratios should be slightly in favor of the blue team. I can understand Marblesz's remark about limited visibility when syncing the camera to the character, but I personally only think that function is useful when you need to use quick and accurate movement around your character.

Beyond that on marginal advantage, there's not much difference. Both teams have to scroll their camera just as far to get an optimal viewpoint, they just have to scroll their characters into different corners of the screen.

SoulOfSilver

06-02-2013

There are players that have always played with locked camera. This is how they play, it's invalid to say just use unlock camera mode cause this is not how these people are use to playing and IT IS A HANDICAP FOR THEM. You are basically asking the to relearn the game. However I recall a smilar issues with Zelda on the Wii due to the motion controls and Link himself being Left Handed. Their solution was easy and very cost effective. They literally mirrored the screen so it would appear that link had the sword in his right hand.

Dukasho

06-02-2013

I would love to see a response from a red on the design decision behind the camera. For a competitive game, I don't understand why each side doesn't have the same experience. Hardly seems fair.

DefineEvil

06-02-2013

Red, is there any reason for purple to have this camera angle?