Does ADC nocturne work?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zinerism

06-01-2013

I've tried ADC nocturne a few times now on my smurf account and I keep getting raged at cause apparently ''adc'' noc doesn't work. When in reality, out of 10 games, ive won close to 7 with adc noc.

And if you cant adc noc, what do you build on him?

Worst Noct NA

06-01-2013

cant exactly go "adc" because he is melee. you can go full out dps but it leaves him vunerable in late game team fights where their ranged adc is critting for 800 every shot.
try spirit of the elder lizard, berserkers greaves, ravenous hydra, blade of the ruined king, thornmail and banshee's veil

BloodScorpion74

06-01-2013

No it does not work. Adc Nocturne, if your building the standard melee carry items, gives you 0 teamfight presence because of how squishy you are and the fact that you still lack burst like Kha Zix and Zed. Go the traditional Noc path.

codyco

06-01-2013

Please clarify ... are you going full AD Nocturne or are you going bot lane with a support?

I play him as a full DPS jungler and do very well. A little bit of defense is good as well. Full AD Noc in jungle or even top/mid is fine. Against a ranged ADC you will probably have trouble.

Long story short, it doesn't matter where you play him or how you build him, if youre successful in doing so.

EDIT:

You have to aware of your team comp as well. If you're going full damage, you'll want a tanky top and/or support to balance our your team.

KnightMayre

06-01-2013

It is basically AD Yi but better at everything, still not too strong in team fights unless you're cleaning up.

Satarrusx

06-01-2013

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/21065396#history

Relevant.

Depends on your elo, but kinda works.

Troy242621

06-01-2013

I'd hate to thread hijack, but I don't want to make an entire thread to ask this. How is Nocturne right now? Been considering picking him up because of how annoying bot lane wards are. Seems like that ult would be able to alleviate that frustration a little bit. Seems like he could still gank pre-6 as well, but that's speculation.

So yeah, how is his viability? Good? Outclassed?

gsai

06-01-2013

No.

codyco

06-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy242621 View Post
I'd hate to thread hijack, but I don't want to make an entire thread to ask this. How is Nocturne right now? Been considering picking him up because of how annoying bot lane wards are. Seems like that ult would be able to alleviate that frustration a little bit. Seems like he could still gank pre-6 as well, but that's speculation.

So yeah, how is his viability? Good? Outclassed?
Very viable ... amazing ganks.

His pre-6 ganks are boss. Level 3 ganks are very effective. His spell shield is great for blocking stuns from people like lux and TF. One of the best junglers/gankers IMO.

BigBlackDad

06-01-2013

if you're playing on your smurf I guess you're playing against people way out of your league, obviously if you play against way weaker players, pretty much anything can work.

if you play a squishy melee against an even skilled bot lane, chances are that you'll get destroyed