Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

90 farm at 10 minutes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

InvokedLegend

05-31-2013

Harassing in lower tier is so hard. Every time you go to harass the enemy drops his pants and goes balls deep. Its so damn annoying.

PS. I usually try for 120 cs by 20 minutes so about (60-70 by 10 minutes) depending on how the lane is going.

Cavo

05-31-2013

But remember, pros are playing against other pros. It's not as easy to last hit when doublelift is standing 6 feet away from you feeling trigger happy.

dissentient

05-31-2013

Well. I find that when I lane I generally win cs just because everyone harasses stupidly and I outsustain. I might be in a terrible laneup and be farming under turret, but I still out-cs the other side. Problem is, my total CS is still low in lane because I lose out on a LOT when the other side repeatedly dives me, causing me to b more than I'd like (but less than them.) I don't see how if I mained a lane it would be possible to aim for professional levels of cs considering the people I'm playing against.

Most of the times I die it's under turret with 1-2 kills because the foe and his jungle/support don't know how to back off. And that also detracts from my cs (usually about 60 per 10 minutes when laning) because kamikazee strategies make it difficult to stay in lane, even if it allows one to lane more than the foe.

Still, I main jungle and support. As jungle I generally out cs every lane on both sides while sticking to the jungle. I mean, my that's how bad kill-focused teammates are at this level. I did mid as Ahri and get wonderful cs once and the other side didn't force us both to B every 2 waves. But one time as Fizz I lost lane because the Katarina decided not to CS at all, and just focus me. I had a 3 KDAA and about 60 more cs than Kat, but the reality is we lost anyways because I didn't snowball fast enough (and every other lane fed, but I could have turned it around if I had an earlier deathcap) because every time my staff was on CD the jungle and katarina would dive me, causing me to lose CS, and these guys only cared about the kill. Seriously, neither would free farm when one/both survived!

I'm just attesting that it seems kind of useless to aim for admirable CS as a laner in Bronze. I get told to STFU by teammates when I tell them to take the lane farm I ignored as Jungle. And each time I regret not taking it. Ez's too busy taking my golem to farm his lane, and then once I roam because he's nearby, he just leaves it. When I'm jungling Nasus my team will ignore lane farm and then steal my q stacks. I had a game where taric stole 4 stacks from me by building ap and throwing his stun "for ward gold." I was warding more than him. It's that bad. Seriously.

PvP Dust

05-31-2013

Here's an example. I was jayce top a few games ago against Yorick, one of the hardest counters to Jayce. He took every opportunity he could to throw a ghoul out on me. He couldnt kill me in lane though but ONLY HIS harass was enough to screw up csing for both of us. Around the 10min mark we both had less than 60 cs because his ghoul harass messed us up. He was bad at last hitting, I was denied farm. If he didn't harass and simply focused on farming the lane would've been a lot better considering he never got a kill in the lane.

YoloSwagQtPi

06-03-2013

from personal experience (plat iv) my goal each game is not a set number of farm per minute or per game. I look to be ahead of my counterpart by set number of farm at certain minute marks during laning phase.

extra harass towards him... when you hit that level 2 before him or 3 or 4 ect.. ect... its time to shine and try to force him to base or die.

best feeling in the world is killing the opponent and having 10-15 creep on his tower... you get the kill and he loses plenty of xp and gold

Tál

06-03-2013

Minion waves spawn every 30 seconds (6 minions)
Minion waves with siege cannon minion spawn every 3 waves (7 minions)
Minion waves spawn AFTER 1 minute and 30 seconds into the game (1.5 minutes)

1.5 minutes = 3 waves, thus
10 minutes normally = 20 waves (-3) = 17 total waves
Out of the 20 waves, there are 6 waves that contain 7 minions (waves 3,6,9,12,15,18)
However, wave 3 is gone because it doesn't exist (minions spawn at 1.5 minutes in) -> Waves 1, 2, and 3 are gone

20 waves (total) - 6 waves (7 minions) = 14 waves (6 minions)
14 waves (6 minions) - 2 waves (first minute of game) = 12 waves with 6 minions
6 waves (7 minions) - 1 wave (last half minute of 1.5 minutes of game) = 5 waves with 7 minions

Result - 10 minutes = (12 waves x 6 minions)+(5 waves x 7 minions) = 72+35 = 107 farm (minions)

So in 10 minutes, the max amount of farm you can achieve is 107.

Amatzikahni

06-03-2013

Quote:
YoloSwagQtPi:
from personal experience (plat iv) my goal each game is not a set number of farm per minute or per game. I look to be ahead of my counterpart by set number of farm at certain minute marks during laning phase.

This. Be ahead of your opponent. Extra CS at that point is just feed without the KDA.

PvP Dust

06-03-2013

Staying ahead of my lane opponent in cs never seems to be an issue for me in mid, typically because I can drop tormented soil with 3 pts in it and let it kill 3-5 minions in the duration, allowing me to focus on last hitting the remaining 1-3 minions (2-4 if siege minion) and avoiding harass from my enemy laner. But on that note, these enemy mids are bronze and lower silver players so being able to stay ahead of them in cs may mean nothing if I meet a hgher silver+ mid player in a game.

Yoshi517

06-04-2013

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Farming

Here a chart of the cs. As a note, it is how many spawned, not appeared in lane.
At 10mins, there would have been 17waves of minions.

Let say you missed two per wave. Seem like a decent #. 107 - (17 x 2) = 73 so that would be a good range.

Personally I don't care about maximizing the creeps, a small priority. I care I outfarm my lane cause then I have the gold advantage.

Cavo

06-04-2013

You have the gold advantage over one person if you think like that, maximizing cs gives you an advantage over everyone on the other team. Missing 2 cs per wave is unacceptable for a player who is interested in moving up out of silver.