Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

90 farm at 10 minutes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PvP Dust

05-31-2013

I'm noticing a lot of higher tier players here on the forums refer to a good laner having about 90 farm at the 10 minute mark. Sure that might happen in higher tiers where players are more focused on farm. But down here in bronze... It's a different story. If I try to farm, and even with moderate harass on the enemy laner, often neither of us will be above 70 farm by the 10 minute mark. Usually around 55-65. Simply because here in bronze I often find the enemy cares more about kills than they do farm. Even if I focus exclusively on farming, they're more than likely going to take every opportunity they can to damage me, even if they aren't going for a kill. The amount of lane harass I see in bronze is much more than I see in any other tier. Note that this only occurs in the solo queue games, team games obviously would focus more on farm. So my question is, what is decent amount of farm for a bronze solo queue player to have at the 10 minute mark for Solo lanes and ADC in bot lane?

PvP Dust

05-31-2013

Also, before you look me up and say per game averages with farm for me is bad, take into account that I didn't really take farming seriously until the most recent 300 games or so. My average farm with my serious champs such as Varus, Renekton, Graves, Jayce, and Morgana are more reflective of my current farm averages.

Ladayen

05-31-2013

The goal doesn't change. It's up to you to work on improving and doing what you can to get as much as you can. Some games it's just not possible to get close to that amount.

Cavo

05-31-2013

You have to watch some streams and learn how and when to harass. Good players don't abandon harassing to farm, they accomplish both. When minion waves are healthy harass the other team and get them to back off as the minions are beginning to die, this denies them farm, but you have to make sure you're still last hitting otherwise you're denying yourself farm and all your harassing was completely useless. There are probably a lot of minions that you're just missing because of missed AA's or getting zoned due to bad trading. But still, even in bronze you should be shooting for 80-90 cs at 10 minutes. Don't set the bar lower just because you're in bronze keep working at it until you get there.

Malk2651

05-31-2013

The unrecognized problem most of us at lower tiers don't realize is when to back. I've seen people miss whole waves from just backing at the wrong time.

so bad mechanics + backing at poorly chosen times = low cs count.

PvP Dust

05-31-2013

With Jayce recently I've been rather good at harassing at the right times. However it ALWAYS draws the attention of their jungler. Its harder to freeze the lane for me at a safe distance from the river because when I do so, the jungler just comes in for a lane gank. Sometimes I do end up backing at the wrong times and I have noticed that. I think they only champs I'm able to get 90 cs at 10 minutes with was Karthus and Morgana because of their zoning potential and easy farming mechanics.

Old Man Gravy

05-31-2013

I just went and check 2 different pro streams at the 10 minute mark.

CS totals: 83,75,69,63,60,85,72,73,61. It looks like some pro players need to improve if they want to hit the standard gold target I think the real target is not to miss easy CS and to outfarm and out kill your lane opponent/s.

Malk2651

05-31-2013

At ten minutes there should have been 103 minions in your lane I believe? So set yourself goals you can attain. This week shoot for always having 70 cs, Then the next week 75, and so forth. Practice makes perfect.

PvP Dust

05-31-2013

I think its like 105 minions at 10 minutes. Don't quote me on that. I'd do the math but my game just started xD

Daminus

05-31-2013

Honestly it all depends on the game, to be honest. Not all pros avereage that much every game.