[bug] sleep and cannot fully quit LoL client

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

geekaleek

11-18-2010

So let me preface this by saying what I see when I open the League of legends client normally.

When i click on the icon to let the launcher come up and use expose (the one that shows all open windows, I see the launcher window as well as one what i'll call "phantom window" a space that can be highlighted if I mouse over it as if there is something there but when selected does not show anything (still selects the "league of legends" program as seen in the top left corner of the program you currently have selected. When I click play the launcher minimizes and opens the pvp.net client. After the client opens a second "phantom window" comes up which is visible in expose.

When I put my system to sleep with the pvp.net client open (I'm using a macbook so when i close the lid) and start the computer back up, the league of legends client functions normally.

HOWEVER, if I try to close the client and quit out, one phantom window remains. This phantom window is not linked to an open program and cannot be closed/gotten rid of without logging out or restarting the system. I also cannot start my client again after this has happened without logging out/restarting.

I'm pretty sure the phantom window is related to the pvp.net client rather than the launcher but I am not sure.

sorry for the long post but I think all of this is pretty necessary to fully detail exactly what I am experiencing.

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook5,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB

geekaleek

11-18-2010

bumping this so it get's seen >.<

not that this forum moves very fast

geekaleek

11-19-2010

maybe i should have added a tl;dr

If you put your mac to sleep with the client open then after starting up again close the client, the client cannot be reopened at all. Only after logging out of your account or restarting the system can the LoL client be successfully reopened.

juicybucy

06-10-2013

how do i do that if i cant open it?

piecheese

06-11-2013

did you try to force close it??