League of Legends won't open on my mac

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrMany

06-01-2013

Bro, Thanks for the fast reply, as I said before, this mac was new, so I just formated it and installed OS again without case-sensitive but it still doing the same!! I'ts like, worst lucky for me!!

Dataslave

Adjudicator

06-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMany View Post
Bro, Thanks for the fast reply, as I said before, this mac was new, so I just formated it and installed OS again without case-sensitive but it still doing the same!! I'ts like, worst lucky for me!!
Lets double check to be sure.

Hit cmd+space, then type Disk Utility, then press enter.

On the left hand side, click on your SSD. Underneath that will be a partition, probably called Macintosh HD. Click on that. At the bottom of the window, where it says Format: what does it say after that?

Zakarai

06-01-2013

I am going to have to jump in on this because I am having the same issues, BUT, I have played probably a dozen rounds on my mac before it wont respond now. I have had no issues before, but like MrMany, when I open the LOL client, it acts like the taskbar is opening it, but then closes, and there is zero response. I am going to try a full reinstall when I get back on my fast internet (dloading 3 gigs on a sow DSL connection is not fun) but I am confused as al heck as to what is different.

The last time I played a match was right before there was a post about a known issue of MAC clients being able to que to matches, but then not connecting to them, and being told to reconnect but not actually able to join the game. After that (just last week) I have not been able to at all open the LOL client with a glimmer of recognition from my system... I will do the reinstall tomorrow when I get home but if there are other thoughts please let me know!

Dataslave

Adjudicator

06-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakarai View Post
I am going to have to jump in on this because I am having the same issues, BUT, I have played probably a dozen rounds on my mac before it wont respond now. I have had no issues before, but like MrMany, when I open the LOL client, it acts like the taskbar is opening it, but then closes, and there is zero response. I am going to try a full reinstall when I get back on my fast internet (dloading 3 gigs on a sow DSL connection is not fun) but I am confused as al heck as to what is different.

The last time I played a match was right before there was a post about a known issue of MAC clients being able to que to matches, but then not connecting to them, and being told to reconnect but not actually able to join the game. After that (just last week) I have not been able to at all open the LOL client with a glimmer of recognition from my system... I will do the reinstall tomorrow when I get home but if there are other thoughts please let me know!
You can try the instructions listed here, they're the usual way to fix the issue you're describing. The OP's issue is rather unique, though his symptoms are similar to yours.

MrMany

06-02-2013

http://i.imgur.com/fzwaOYW.jpg

You are the best!

Thanks for all!!

Zakarai

06-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dataslave View Post
You can try the instructions listed here, they're the usual way to fix the issue you're describing. The OP's issue is rather unique, though his symptoms are similar to yours.
You sir a genius, a gentleman and a scholar Thank you so much!! Launches just fine now

swadedaf

07-18-2013

hey sorry but i have the exact same problem as mrmany, i bought a new macbook pro retina display and after downloading LoL for mac and dragging it into my applications folder, clicking on the client only causes it to jump and nothing to open

ishtinarc

11-04-2013

We also have this problem here but we are not set to case sensitive OS, we are administrators (both of us) and, our solution is simply to reinstall the whole thing every time we want to switch users and play within our own account. It is one of the reasons my partner isn't as inclined to play as he might be. Waiting 20 minutes for the entire thing to download and reinstall is onerous and rather a drag. Especially when it happens every time.

An external drive seems to be a potential solution that we have considered but ruled out due to it requiring dedicated hardware for a "free" game.

It would simply be nice if Riot were to recognize, on a software level, that there might be more than one person using the computer. Even better would be if they were to recognize that the user might even be using a guest account and have no privileges to change or do anything that aren't deleted on logout. But being a "free" game, we aren't aiming to complain too much.

Delirionis

11-06-2013

I just today started having this problem, I use to run LoL fine but now when i try to open it, It appears briefly and then disappears. This only started after Userkernel wasnt responding so i force quit do i need to reinstall or just try a reboot?

Edit: Followed the instructions on the thread linked worked for me

Edit2: Having to repatch though

salarkhiabani

11-09-2013

i have same problem after i upgrade to os x mavericks , user kernel opens then closes without any error or msg , sorry for my bad english
it is mavericks bug?