How To Calculate KDA (Kill-Death-Assists)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DragonTroopBeta

05-28-2013

I want to say first that this is not an official calculation method. I would also like to say that I am not showing you how to calculate KDR (Kills-Death Ratio), as that is absolute at the method of Kills / Deaths + (assists).

As with many different things, circumstances will take place in this very short post on how to calculate the KDR using what I like to call the "Expected Formula". This procedure is used to calculate your end-game score in League of Legends, in comparison to other roles. I will start by naming a role, and how to find out how well you did.

Attack Damage Carry

The ADC, being the role that is expected to have the most kills in a match, as well as the least deaths excluding the Tank, whether that be Top Lane or Jungle. Adding in CS, being a major part of playing the character of ADC, the formula looks like this:

Name:  ADC KDA.jpg
Views: 1368
Size:  42.7 KB

Mid Lane APC / Assassin

Being that which is required to achieve a strong kill collection, meanwhile not being expected to "never die", the Mid Lane should be calculated in this method as such:
EDIT: The 0.4X should be written as 0.04X. My apologies.
Name:  Mid KDA.jpg
Views: 1273
Size:  35.9 KB

Support

The support. The one that actually takes a bit of personal opinion to decide whether it should be taken for how many deaths harshly or moderately. It could also be that they need to be considered in terms of death almost off-purpose. I decided to use an over-ride in the formula:

Name:  Support KDA.jpg
Views: 1274
Size:  57.5 KB

Jungle

I guess I'll just say this; CS doesn't matter, really, and deaths are not a major impact. But the major implication that was not considered in previous formulas is that the number of assists to the ADC is more is more important than regular assists:

Name:  Jungle.jpg
Views: 1277
Size:  41.0 KB
(Please Note - I am aware that the KDA of the Jungler is less important than the protection (Wards, pressure, etc.) of lanes.

I am still having difficulties deciding what way to solve the comparison of Top Lane to the other roles, while still keeping it balanced. I am no mathematician, nor am I a walrus-headed garlic clove. Any ideas of a balanced Top Lane formula would be greatly appreciated.

StarOfDeath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-28-2013

Or just can just go to Lolking where it has been calculated already...

Uncle Funkbox

05-28-2013

i've already got the perfect formula for it
8=D

Takazok

05-28-2013

or keep it simple:
(K+A)/D

supports should have the highest KDA, with tanks being last

ImTheSideKick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-28-2013

i like (kills + 1/3 assists)/deaths

Sandoval747

05-28-2013

I always just calculate mine as (K + A/2) / D

Also a lot of your formulas are confusing. For an AD carry for example, you are supposed to do Kills divided by twice the number of Deaths then add Assists and then add CS/85?
Wouldn't that make assists more valuable than kills in that formula? Pretty sure kills are better for ADCs.

Forty Bass

05-28-2013

i tend to look at gold earned because that means more than your score.

Siosilvar

05-28-2013

Why are you discouraging supports from CSing while their ADC is away, or the team is pushing mid, or even in general? They need money as much as the next guy, especially since they spend it on stuff that helps their whole team out directly, not indirectly by killing things.

Tyg13

05-28-2013

So if you're a mid laner and you get 4 deaths and 10 CS you get infinite KDA? Nice!