Types of players who win games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Seaal

12-16-2009

The Feed Bag:

This player's the one that starts with a bad game, goes to his lane and gets killed by heimerdinger before the creeps spawned. 10 minutes in, he's 0-3-0 and everyone on the team is flaming him. Your paying attention on your lane play, not really noticing much. 25 mins in, its the first team fight, and the feed bag walks away with a triple kill and saves you when you only got 30hp left. Quick check of the scoreboard and he's got 6-3-2, twice the kills of anyone in game. Mr Feed Bag, the last player you'd be expecting to come out on top. So give feeders a rest, chances are they're a better player than you having a bad game, and good players can always turn things around.

Mukuu

12-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaal View Post
The Feed Bag:

This player's the one that starts with a bad game, goes to his lane and gets killed by heimerdinger before the creeps spawned. 10 minutes in, he's 0-3-0 and everyone on the team is flaming him. Your paying attention on your lane play, not really noticing much. 25 mins in, its the first team fight, and the feed bag walks away with a triple kill and saves you when you only got 30hp left. Quick check of the scoreboard and he's got 6-3-2, twice the kills of anyone in game. Mr Feed Bag, the last player you'd be expecting to come out on top. So give feeders a rest, chances are they're a better player than you having a bad game, and good players can always turn things around.
Win

Dont get all rattled because someone died a couple times. Playing Teemo Ive turned 0-4-0 into 15-4-5 plenty of times.

EDIT: Also, +1 for the grilfriend.

Sometimes, you just aggro minions a little too much, dont pay as much attention as you should, go against an Annie wth a jungling shaco, **** happens. Also, as mentioned in this thread, sometimes going 2-8 is a good thing if your NOT trying to get kills.

CrAZYMaN123

01-03-2010

Quote:
The Ninja

This Cat has skills, he's the one who goes 25/0/0 and doesn't say a word. He's the silent type, because he likes hearing his kill spree's being announced, he's the dude who steals everyones kills, then proceeds to win 5v1 battles against the entire enemy team, he doesn't win with class or grace, and he might even get flamed, he thinks he can rely on no-one but himself, and he gets the job done in a spectacular fashion. Whether people like him or not, similar to the Carry of the Apocalypse.

Some champions that spring to my mind are Katrina, Twisted Fate (to an extent) and Warwick.

He is, to some extent the Carry of the Apocalypse

I believe Yi also has the ability to do this too.

Toros

01-03-2010

I'd say i play initiation tank/try to be sweet jesus when I can (as Alistar)

Another player that wins games (for the other team) is

The Jungle Junkie

This POS, although being a solid jungler in early game, will jungle at key points (such as when you won an early teamfight and are pushing mid to their inhibitor), in your jungle no less. An unnecessary death while backing off, or the inhibitor having 1/8 health left after because the Jungle Junkie is worried about clearing the jungle yet again, even though he is well-leveled already.

Prime culprits: warwick, yi, trynd

JigglyThePuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LackofCertainty View Post
Your Lord and Savior (aka Sweet Merciful Jesus):

You effed up. Bad. You're caught with your pants down, and somehow managed to run into two, maybe three enemies while they're on their way to gank some poor soul on your team. You're already preparing for your inevitable respawn timer to start ticking away, when suddenly out from the bushes springs Sweet Merciful Jesus.

He throws out his CC's like they were candy, and the enemies start to break. One runs off, thinking that this was all just an elaborately planned gank from your team. The other stands and fights, but Sweet Merciful Jesus somehow manages to have save a Nuke/CC/Summoner spell just for such an occasion, and when the dust clears, you're sitting there with 15 hp, and the announcer chick is spouting off, "An Enemy has been slain."

Sweet Merciful Jesus gives you a smile, maybe warns you to be a little more careful next time, and then runs off to convert some other non-believer.
Variant possible with two champs I can think of:

Artillery Jesus

A small team skirmish has just started up and this player is on the other side of the map. The odds are looking bad for you but all of a sudden there's a boom and the opponents lose a large chunk of hp, or there's cackling and cannonballs start raining down on them. What would have been an extremely close fight or a win for them has suddenly become a rout for your side.

Karthus/ Gangplank can be very useful for this.

Gaeb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2010

The pusher/counterpusher (didn't read whole thread) -- someone that can hold off multiple enemy heroes early/midgame by virtue of being able to kill creeps fast enough from safety that the 2-3 enemies can't come within attack range of the tower to damage it without being fired upon by the tower - early/mid game, before true tanks develop, this is a nice way to stall and sucker several heroes into one place. Also can obliterate large amounts of creeps quickly when needed. Samples: Karthus, Janna, Anivia, AP Sion, Cho'gath, more...

Unemployed Ninja

01-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by object View Post
The surprising good player

The guy picked a bad hero, and plays it in a way you have never seen before. But neither has the enemy. He catches people off guard, tricks them into fights they cannot win and generally mind ****s everyone in the game. He ends up level 18 after 22 minutes and proceeds to peel the enemys face off with an empty can of tuna, while smiling.
i saw a karthus like this once before he was on rotation he would lure people into the jungle where they couldnt escape him easily then pop up his wall and defile and chase them to the ground if they managed to get away they never got away with enough HP to survive requiem

i also saw a heim like this once he constantly moved his turrets which most consider bad but because he did so he ended up killing pretty much everyone because they never knew they were running after someone straight into 5 turrets

there was another game i was in against a team of 2 who would constantly get aces while not technically bad champions you expect to be able to take them in a 2 on 5 it was amumu and nunu when they combo there ults its game over for anyone even at full HP thats not a tank

Bait

01-03-2010

is queue dodger in the list?

boni

01-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LackofCertainty View Post
Your Lord and Savior (aka Sweet Merciful Jesus)
One word: Kayle. I once barely saved a jungling Twitch that was doing Lizard from 2 enemies. When the fight started, *every* player on the map ran to that stop. I was the 2nd there (after said Twitch) and bought just enough time for all of us to arrive. Twitch survived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSplatter View Post
The Ninja

This Cat has skills, he's the one who goes 25/0/0 and doesn't say a word. He's the silent type, because he likes hearing his kill spree's being announced, he's the dude who steals everyones kills, then proceeds to win 5v1 battles against the entire enemy team, he doesn't win with class or grace, and he might even get flamed, he thinks he can rely on no-one but himself, and he gets the job done in a spectacular fashion. Whether people like him or not, similar to the Carry of the Apocalypse.

Some champions that spring to my mind are Katrina, Twisted Fate (to an extent) and Warwick.

He is, to some extent the Carry of the Apocalypse.
I disagree. I've seen way to many Shacos losing the match for us this way during his free week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaal View Post
The Feed Bag:

Happens nearly every game I play as Eve. Bad earlygame, awesome lategame. Love it.

Tarion

01-03-2010

Quote:
Your Lord and Savior (aka Sweet Merciful Jesus)
Those are the games you never want to end. I've had a few like it as Kassadin, or someone else and it really makes me fall in love with the character.