Why do people say Jax is a beast Late Game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BOPOKIPPO

05-27-2013

I can kinda see it with someone like Vayne, (%true damage, TUMBLE, stealth, knockback, etc.) or Champs with high mobility dashes/wall jumps etc. but what makes Jax good late game? I'm not denying that he's good late, but what makes him good late?

FreakinEpic808

05-27-2013

He's not good late anymore. He can duel you late but thats the same as any other time, season 3 jax really cant teamfight which makes his late game underwhelming imo

Splendid Cake

05-27-2013

Incredible dueling power. However, he's pretty vulnerable to being kited/peeled in teamfights.

Servantofthe99

05-27-2013

his kit plus the bonuses he gets from items plus his innate attack speed bonus. the atk speed bonus lets him get more damage off automatically via autoattacks so he can actually grab tanky items and still dish out quite a lot of damage. and he scales both with ad and ap so it makes it difficult for enemies to build resistances to him.

basically he's very item dependent but when he does get those items he becomes pretty beastly late game

KirbyCake

05-27-2013

champions with abilities that increase damage rather than deal damage are good late game

vayne has 3 skills that increase damage of her autos
jax kind of has 3 skills that increase damage on autos

BOPOKIPPO

05-27-2013

I haven't been around long, but what was the old Jax like? Was he better than this current Jax?

Fajita Milkshake

05-27-2013

beasts < humans
But Jax is black...

They've been racist this whole time and we didn't know it...

Corporal Cupcake

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOPOKIPPO View Post
I haven't been around long, but what was the old Jax like? Was he better than this current Jax?
Could literally 1v5.

Wafflecopter2000

05-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOPOKIPPO View Post
He used to gain 2 hp for every ability power and 3 hp for every attack damage point. It was insane. Not to mention he used to be able to dodge turrets and had a passive 20% dodge chance. Oh, and his ult gave him AP and AD instead of armor and MR. He was absurd late game: Build glass cannon and be tankier than malphite.

HeartlessXiao

05-27-2013

He's not really that great lategame. His peak is really mid game, and like any other bruiser, he falls off late game.

That said, he scales much better than your average bruiser.