What champion should i use to get out of silver V?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

as Desolator

05-27-2013

currently i will do jungle and adc (if i have to i will support). But i want some good champions, so far i jungle warwick and j4 for adc's i go BB ezreal and that graves.

But i want your opinions and help, i mostly do solo, if anyone could help me out and give me some tips that would be cool. Also tell me why the champion you picked is the reason he or she so good and some tactics i should use, for builds i can build any champions.

NiceGuySean

05-27-2013

Use the FOTM

Best way to get out of Silver 5, it won't work by the time you get to silver 2 or 3 but it's a start. In all honesty teamwork is how you win but if you're trying to carry, definitely learn the FOTM

UgIierBetty

05-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceGuySean View Post
Use the FOTM

Best way to get out of Silver 5, it won't work by the time you get to silver 2 or 3 but it's a start. In all honesty teamwork is how you win but if you're trying to carry, definitely learn the FOTM
who is FOTM now?

Keitterman

05-27-2013

I found that in those tiers, ppl tend to gravitate towards the flashy roles like ADC, AP mid and top lane. It's best IMO, to let people play in a role they are at least familiar with, hopefully good at?

That being said, support or jungle is normally what's left open, more commonly support.

If you go jungle, get someone who has a really good early gank, like Jarven, Lee sin, etc, and be aggressive, but don't dive on towers. no. matter. what.

if you're support, the aggressive supports do very well in that ranking because everyone is a Rambo. An aggressive ADC like Leona will punish them for playing Rambo style, and will reward your ADC for the same. Just get out of that habit be the end of silver, or you'll regret it.

UgIierBetty

05-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitterman View Post
I found that in those tiers, ppl tend to gravitate towards the flashy roles like ADC, AP mid and top lane. It's best IMO, to let people play in a role they are at least familiar with, hopefully good at?

That being said, support or jungle is normally what's left open, more commonly support.

If you go jungle, get someone who has a really good early gank, like Jarven, Lee sin, etc, and be aggressive, but don't dive on towers. no. matter. what.

if you're support, the aggressive supports do very well in that ranking because everyone is a Rambo. An aggressive ADC like Leona will punish them for playing Rambo style, and will reward your ADC for the same. Just get out of that habit be the end of silver, or you'll regret it.
Do you think, then, that support LeBlanc would be good to pull yourself out of low ELO?

Best ADC Bronze

05-27-2013

Draven is the best ADC out there. Learn him play him and own with him

Masuhara

05-27-2013

i went from bronze 5 to gold 5 in solo q playing only nami support.

i'd say go support, help the carry develop and give them a chance to carry.

one of the harder positions tho b/c ur expected to play well without any recourcses and people will always complain about ward coverage even when they themselves leave the item shop with 200 gold and an open inventory slot.

Keitterman

05-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by UgIierBetty View Post
Do you think, then, that support LeBlanc would be good to pull yourself out of low ELO?
Well I can't say I've tried that, but I would guess not. I mean, you can build aura-esque items on any champ, but I've never considered leblanc to have much of a late-game support kit. I mean, support fiddle or zyra does well, with their hard CC and what they contribute to team fights. Even a support AP shaco sounds laughable, but can work. I've just never considered leblanc.

67chrome

05-27-2013

From looking at LoL King - it seems like the same things that work for Platinum and the same things shown in most tournament games works almost exactly as well in Bronze, so I'd just go with tournament-worthy picks in your favorite positions. Even though champions like LeBlanc can stomp public games pretty hard - she still carries abysmal rates in even Bronze, so champions with low Elo pub-stomping capabilities largely don't work in ranked.

Looking at the charts data, it would seem tanks and supports with incredible utility but low kill potential are the champions producing the most wins. I'm guessing that's because those champions can more or less single-handily win a team fight with one well-timed AoE stun, and most games are ultimately decided by team-fights.

If you're going for the best champions with actual kill-potential? Rumble, Twisted Fate, and Zyra are the best ones to go with at the moment - and all 3 still have the capacity to heavily influence team-fights with their respective ultimates, which generally seems to be a re-occurring theme on anyone worth using.

pwnofdoom

05-27-2013

how about a lux support/mid?