Random Champ in ARAM?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gragaaaaaaas

05-27-2013

I've seen it brought up a few times, just wondering if anyone can answer this from the development side of the game (does that ever happen?)-

I have been playing a ton of ARAM, (my girl has been out of town and I was feeling lazy). Granted I only have 39 champs right now.. if you include the free ones, over 40 to pick from. Still, I have seen maybe eight of those champs, out of what must be at least 100 games of ARAM now. And out of those eight, I get six on a very regular basis.

Even looking at my last ten games, I got the same champ twice, three times (so six of my last ten games were only three champs). Lissandra, Ziggs and Urgot. Granted I can't complain that much, they aren't bad for the map. I'm willing to bet this past weekend I got Urgot at least six times however.

I know technically its not a large enough pool of data to start drawing trends on but this isn't new. In fact I usually complain .."not xxxxx again...!" and offer to trade each time.

I am curious about what kind of algorithm they use to determine your "random" champ.
---

Also, does anyone think it would be a good idea (or bad) to include selection of roles on the map? Like... before entering your team can select (up to: 1 support, 2 range, 2 fighter, 1 tank) or something along those lines? You don't choose your champ, only the role you want to play.... it wouldn't impact the randomness an awful lot but it would give some balance to the team comps that seem to easily steamroll through a game and keep in the spirit of randomness as much as possible... just a thought.

Sâintphoenix

05-27-2013

I get the same, maybe 10 champs and i own 61 champs, its really pissing me off

EminentFate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sâintphoenix View Post
I get the same, maybe 10 champs and i own 61 champs, its really pissing me off
I played 6 games in where i got nocturne half the time and twice in a row

Netteh

05-27-2013

I always seem to get champs I never play..
And the enemy almost always has a Yi, Nida or Lux

Whooshimaninja

05-27-2013

I have times where it happens alot. I got Trundle 4 times in a row in ARAM but someone on the other team dodged constantly so I only played him the once.

Other times my ARAM picks are varied. It comes and goes.

Shougokiba

05-27-2013

I get Ryze every other ARAM (I never even play Ryze outside of ARAM) and shaco quite a bit as well.

Sadly, I never even get my favorite, Lux, ever. I've only ever gotten her twice, and both times someone left the game so I've never played her on that map.

Sâintphoenix

05-27-2013

Yeah its definitely not random theres something goin on in the background they aint telling us

S Rasengan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-27-2013

Yes i don't like swain in ARAM yet always get him

I think that newly bought champs are especially difficult to get

Sâintphoenix

05-27-2013

It just seems like the game picks a handful of champs for you and thats all you get bar the odd exception

gragaaaaaaas

05-27-2013

I think S Rasengag might be on to something... perhaps they give a higher probability to champs you've had longer? Or something along those lines...

Still wouldn't explain how I got Urgot 10 million times...