Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Unfairly banned.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JammieChaos

05-26-2013

I'm pretty new to League of legends and I'm enjoying the game so far, playing with my friends and all that. The only problem I have with the game is the LeaveBuster and other busters. These busters are the most frustrating things I've ever encountered and one of the unfair things I've ever seen in my whole gaming history.

Okay, I'll explain the story of how I got banned. I was playing with a few friends of mine and all of us were talking and playing. I suddenly heard a cry (yelling) from one of my parents that my dinner was ready. I knew I would be banned if I leaved and it was too early to surrender in the game. I asked my friends what should I do and one of them replied "Go AFK", since that was the only choice I really had than tell my parents to go and stuff themselves. I kept coming back and wiggled my mouse and moved around in LoL and all that. Suddenly, when I come back, I started playing again and I thought nothing went wrong but suddenly, when the game ended. I was banned, I was banned for 3 days straight.

I find this incident extremely annoying and frustrating. I'll name the reasons why this is a really bad thing.

1) I had to go AFK, I had no other choice. I know, I could of just waited until my dinner was ready, but my dinner was no were near ready, it had about 45 minutes left.

2) I only went for around 7 minutes. I didn't go for long.

3) What happens If something a large incident actually happened? What would happen if my mother lets say, had a heart attack and I had to leave or go afk? I get banned for my mother having a heart attack? Not fair at all.

4) Banned for 3 days straight? Seriously?

I know you guys are going to say "stfu you noob, your an idiot" or "stfu no one cares". I would like respectful opinions of this matter. I know I will need to wait these 3 days out.

yettibot

05-26-2013

link the case before *****ing

Mizzty

05-26-2013

You wont get banned for an emergency leave, or a tech glitch, you will get banned for consistently leaving.

And why shouldn't you? of all the game behavior, afk has the most negative effect on the game.

If you can't play a whole game, don't start one.

JammieChaos

05-26-2013

I respect your say on this argument Mizzty. Like I said earlier, dinner was like 40 minutes away. I can't be exact because I'm not the one cooking it. I can't just be constantly asking when dinners ready because of a game of league.

I only went AFK once that whole day, that once was today which I just explained. That's why I don't get why I got banned.

powerbats

05-26-2013

You don't get banned for 3 days just for 1 occurrence but for many over a short time, your account is only level 6 so you'll get treated much more harshly as a hopeful deterrent against repeating this in the future.

The fact that your on a 3 day ban means you ignored the warning/1 day ban you previously got, next up is the 1 week then 2 week then you get sent to Riot for perma ban review.

You left a game 2 days ago and then the 1 today so that was enough over a short period of time, Leaverbuster also notices how long your afk in game. The system is built with some leniency for the occasional emergencies that happen.

If you know you won't have time for a game to finish then don't play, the only games where Leaverbuster doesn't get you is custom games. All other game types are monitored by it.

Hail Teemo

05-26-2013

Quote:
Banned for 3 days straight? Seriously?

Yes, seriously. When you begin a game it is expected that you will play it to completion. Leaving a game is never acceptable. The leaverbuster is tuned to be especially strict on low level summoners so you do not make it a habit. That you made it to 3 days means you have a very bad history of abandoning games.

If you are unable to commit to playing a game that could last upwards of 50 minutes, do not queue up. The same thing goes if you have constant connection issues or your client is crashing regularly.

The system will penalize you if you leave the game, afk or wander around the base not contributing to the game for too long. You are given enough leeway to account for emergencies and very occasional internet disruption. The system is also automatic and the results are not overturned.

JammieChaos

05-26-2013

powerbats: Thanks a lot mate, I now understand.

Jellyspoon: Same goes towards you

Hail Teemo

05-26-2013

Quote:
JammieChaos:
powerbats: Thanks a lot mate, I now understand.

Jellyspoon: Same goes towards you

Glad I could help, I know LoL is different than many other games out there where people drop in and out. You are a team and nobody is coming in to replace you if you leave, meaning your team will(almost always) lose.

This is why there is a large focus on player behavior and interaction within the game. Like it or not you're stuck with these people for at least the next 20 minutes. You will also lose an average of half your games played but you have to see it through 'till a nexus falls.