Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I thought bans were being phased out?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RaptorJesusss

05-25-2013

I just got a 2 week ban for negative attitude, I was just wondering why I was banned instead of muted for 40 games or whatever the new thing is now.

I thought they were phasing out bans for chat related things.

OhBoyItsaMegaman

05-25-2013

After your ban is over, you'll have a certain number of chat-limited games.

They're trying to find the most effective method for reducing toxic behavior; that does not necessarily mean that they will someday completely stop banning.

PrivateBaldric

05-25-2013

They are looking in to phasing out bans for certain things eventually. Chat restrictions are still in testing. They are also testing a sort of early warning system to alert you if you are starting to spike in toxicity. That is on PBE if i recall.

Until they officially announce it expect there are still bans. I would also expect that they will not remove them entirely. It will likely be much more difficult to reach the ban stage. .

Shelzin

05-25-2013

Quote:
RaptorJesusss:
I just got a 2 week ban for negative attitude, I was just wondering why I was banned instead of muted for 40 games or whatever the new thing is now.

Not there yet.

But honestly I think you are going about this all wrong. You should be trying to be a better gamer, not accepting of punishment because you're a *****.

Ada Wong

05-26-2013

Quote:
RaptorJesusss:

Tribunal Judges are not always good judges, they do not review all evidence in a case, and have no ability to see pregame chat, I got reported for all kids of things even a bunch of game reports with no text in many of them due to trolls and harassing behavior by my team calling report X player in chat.

For example the real reason I was banned was because of an ignorant Tribunal who voted to punish not because of raging or swearing, in fact my other team mates swear all kids of curse words I didn't but the reason for the ban was because of negative behavior even when pointing out the truth, and because they trolled pregame came into game stole my lane, wanted me to play Dual lane which was clear pregame I do not play dual lane and intentionally trolling up the game, feeding and so on not my fault they had a bad game after seeing I go a mid/top champ they shouldn't have screw it up. The ban was over a month ago but still Ignorant tribunal who didn't review all logs to see that it was my team who cursed, and harassed and should have been the ones banned for exposing peeps under 18 to explict language.

Chat bans are also a joke because I don't use chat but 90% of the games I am personally experience first hand are players who are toxic because they immediately call top/mid refuse to settle pregame and then intentionally troll when the game starts such as stealing jungles when its the only way for someone to level up who isn't dual lane, or stealing buffs, giving away location to enemies and so on.

However Tribunal still has no way to review pregame chat, or Videos of the actual game to see players intentionally griefing assisting enemy.

As for rude comments to my posts try playing 20+ Games a day and get reported in at least 5-10 games a day that go bad because of trolls and see how fast you make it to tribunal if I only played 1-2 games a day or so it wouldn't likely make it to tribunal.

As for if I were actually toxic I would have been perm banned over 2 years ago when I started League I believe it to be 2 years + now but fact is when I started League to begin with it didn't have as many problems as it does now.

Shelzin

05-26-2013

Quote:
JadaDragonFlower:
Tribunal Judges are not always good judges, they do not review all evidence in a case, and have no ability to see pregame chat, I got reported for all kids of things even a bunch of game reports with no text in many of them due to trolls and harassing behavior by my team calling report X player in chat.

For example the real reason I was banned was because of an ignorant Tribunal who voted to punish not because of raging or swearing, in fact my other team mates swear all kids of curse words I didn't but the reason for the ban was because of negative behavior even when pointing out the truth, and because they trolled pregame came into game stole my lane, wanted me to play Dual lane which was clear pregame I do not play dual lane and intentionally trolling up the game, feeding and so on not my fault they had a bad game after seeing I go a mid/top champ they shouldn't have screw it up.

Chat bans are also a joke because I don't use chat but 90% of the games I am personally experience first hand are players who are toxic because they immediately call top/mid refuse to settle pregame and then intentionally troll when the game starts such as stealing jungles when its the only way for someone to level up who isn't dual laning, or stealing buffs, giving away location to enemies and so on.

Shelzin:

No reform card = No service

Roooster:

No tiki, no laundry

RaptorJesusss

05-26-2013

Quote:
Shelzin:
Not there yet.

But honestly I think you are going about this all wrong. You should be trying to be a better gamer, not accepting of punishment because you're a *****.

There is only so much feeding I can take before I get pissed in ranked, I think that applies to anyone who tries to win at the game.

Shiister

05-26-2013

Quote:
RaptorJesusss:
There is only so much feeding I can take before I get pissed in ranked, I think that applies to anyone who tries to win at the game.

Raging don't increase your chances of winning anymore than someone dying due to mistakes and not feeding.

kaleb bartlett

05-26-2013

Quote:
RaptorJesusss:

if you get to that point take a step back from the action and ask yourself if this is really worth getting all upset over.

Remember it's just a game, and nothing that happens in that game will really help or hurt you in real life.

Shelzin

05-26-2013

Quote:
RaptorJesusss:

Getting pissed is fine. I for one actually promote if something isn't worth getting upset over, then obviously you need to find something better to do with your time. If you don't care then obviously there is no point in doing whatever it is your are doing. I don't care what it is in life, you can attribute that to it.

However... HOW you react when you get pissed... Now that's something you need to work on. Typing it out in chat won't do a damn thing for you but get banned. It doesn't make anything better for anyone.