Discussion: Top Tier Champions

1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wildfire393

12-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by XIlong View Post
so sad, Tristana isn't on anyone's list
well least ryze, annie and yi are considered top
This is because Tristiana is basically a worse Corki.

Krosan

12-13-2009

I like the general idea of Nunu and Soraka being on so many of these lists. Not because of personal attachment to the heroes (though Nunu is fun to play, I've been enjoying Alistair more), but because of the fact that I agree on a personal level with the idea that a champion priced at 450 IP in the store can achieve playability in top-level play.

When I came around, I was a bit worried that the "best" champions were the ones that were priced at 6k IP to unlock. And certainly a few of them are more exotic! But while the highest-priced champions ARE powerful (looking at you, Blitzcrank's grab) they're not necessarily so powerful as to render the cheapies useless, and this is probably, out of everything I've seen, my favorite design decision I've seen from Riot so far.

JunkRamen

12-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krosan View Post
I like the general idea of Nunu and Soraka being on so many of these lists. Not because of personal attachment to the heroes (though Nunu is fun to play, I've been enjoying Alistair more), but because of the fact that I agree on a personal level with the idea that a champion priced at 450 IP in the store can achieve playability in top-level play.

When I came around, I was a bit worried that the "best" champions were the ones that were priced at 6k IP to unlock. And certainly a few of them are more exotic! But while the highest-priced champions ARE powerful (looking at you, Blitzcrank's grab) they're not necessarily so powerful as to render the cheapies useless, and this is probably, out of everything I've seen, my favorite design decision I've seen from Riot so far.
Heimer and Udyr cost 3150 each and are both bottom tier, not to mention Karthus who isn't exactly OP either... Nunu, Tryndamere, Annie, Nasus, Sivir, Soraka, and Twisted Fate are all 1350 and below and are all high or top tier. Cost doesn't really have much to do with it.

Cryohazard

12-13-2009

generally, the cheaper a champion is, the less complicated they are. this doesn't always hold true (TWITCH) but comparing say blitzcrank to master yi, or annie to karthus, or malphite to nunu, you can see what they were going for.

Krosan

12-13-2009

Well, you can see my point. You get a lot of "free"-to-play games where, in reality, you may as well go home as waste the time. Riot has, whether consciously or unconsciously, set up a system where this is not the case; payers obviously have it much easier and have access to special skins, but the freeplayers are not, as a rule, completely screwed out of being competitive.

Schmendrake

12-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by inept View Post
until cleanse gets nerfed nunu is ridiculous atm

turns 5v5 into 5v5 with half hp
which is why you need someone like alister to push him the funk away as soon as you see him pop either

smokeD

12-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmendrake View Post
which is why you need someone like alister to push him the funk away as soon as you see him pop either
And that's why a Nunu with cleanse is OP, you cleanse when he comes in and your immune to his stun. Good thing many people aren't good enough to do it.

deathtoDamaker

12-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeD View Post
And that's why a Nunu with cleanse is OP, you cleanse when he comes in and your immune to his stun. Good thing many people aren't good enough to do it.

but if ur fiddle or tht void walker guy u can silence nunu when he tryes ice blast or his ulti sub zero. its great because nun with out his slow is ****

Celestya

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2009

death...immune to spell debuffs for 2 sec after cleanse. It'd be a waste, unless you can just happen to time it perfectly, which requires a better player than that of the Nunu as it is. This is also a very specific counter, not likely to happen in current games since, you cannot counter pick.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2009

ryze is not top tier. i havn't seen ryze in a normal game in a really long time. annie is relatively rare as well.

1234567 ... 9