Discussion: Top Tier Champions

123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BORF

12-12-2009

Yi is the best carry in the game right now by a long shot. If you don't understand it's probably because your Yi doesn't build him well.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2009

the best carry is actually tryndamere by a long shot. he's a wrecking ball.

Proletaria

12-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
the best carry is actually tryndamere by a long shot. he's a wrecking ball.

Truth.

Though i'm still quite poor at understanding how to abuse him myself. I have seen him cream just about any hero combination thrown at him. A well-built trynd is the scariest end-game hero at present.

Rectal Necrosis

12-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamydischarge View Post
Nunu is the best tank in game right now.
Not that I'm questioning your opinion, but have you seen Mundo? That guy is near unstoppable, plus a good Malphite scares me senseless.

Kelin

12-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekmaster View Post
Not that I'm questioning your opinion, but have you seen Mundo? That guy is near unstoppable, plus a good Malphite scares me senseless.
Mundo is probably hardest to kill but does not make him the best tank. A good tank delivers more than just a lot of hp. Mundo can be ignored for a large part, where as Nunu can wreck a whole team with his ultimate (=Slow + a lot of damage to 5 man) and the combination of ultimate + cleanse for makes it near impossible to silence (or stun) the ult away. With other words, ignoring him is not the smartest thing to do.

BTW Malphite is a very descent tank, as his ultimate makes him a great initatior and he can deal out descent aoe damage with his E ability.

HadMan

12-12-2009

IMO the list would be (in no order):
Tryndanmere
Teemo
Ashe
Twisted Fate
Nunu
Singed
Twitch
Master Yi
Amumu
Cho'gath
And maybe a Veigar/Annie?

I may be missig one or two or added one in that you my feel is incorrect so don't hesitate to correct me.

JunkRamen

12-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORF View Post
Yi is the best carry in the game right now by a long shot. If you don't understand it's probably because your Yi doesn't build him well.
Tryndamere and Corki > Yi

jermstuddog

12-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by HadMan View Post
IMO the list would be (in no order):
Tryndanmere
Teemo
Ashe
Twisted Fate
Nunu
Singed
Twitch
Master Yi
Amumu
Cho'gath
And maybe a Veigar/Annie?

I may be missig one or two or added one in that you my feel is incorrect so don't hesitate to correct me.
Twisted Fate should be banned from any 'high level play' that isn't in the regular queue, he ruins the whole game if played half way decently.

I would add Ryze to that list, after his remake he is quite powerful in both team fights and ganking.

Fiddlesticks as well, whenever they fix his current drain bug.

You don't really list any of the support wreckers either. Alistar and Taric I would say are 'very high' if not top tier for the stuns/heals/tanking they provide to a team. You probably won't be 24/0/10 in a pug, but in a decently organized game, they change the course of plenty of fights.

Gandalf 007

12-12-2009

I've watched quite a few top-tier streams. Here's some champs I consistently see:

Corki
Teemo
Cho'Gath
Malphite
Sivir
Annie
Tryndamere
Twisted Fate

Here's some champs I occasionally see:

Nunu
Amumu
Katarina
Kassadin
Anivia
Singed
Nasus
Sion
Soraka

I would say all of them COULD be top tier in the right hands.

Zilong

12-13-2009

so sad, Tristana isn't on anyone's list
well least ryze, annie and yi are considered top

123456 ... 9