Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Discussion: Top Tier Champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Veo 16

12-11-2009

Can someone list the top tier champions (i know it's opinion based, but just want to see)
since i'm trying to find a champion that suits my playstyle that'll do well in competitive play

Krath4

12-11-2009

Heimerdinger.

JunkRamen

12-11-2009

I'm not a high ELO player, but AFAIK high ELO games are all about the early-mid push nowadays. I've seen TF, Trynd, Taric, Soraka, Sivir, Gangplank, and Nunu listed as top and high tier characters so far.

AvariceX

12-11-2009

Quote:
JunkRamen:
I'm not a high ELO player, but AFAIK high ELO games are all about the early-mid push nowadays. I've seen TF, Trynd, Taric, Soraka, Sivir, Gangplank, and Nunu listed as top and high tier characters so far.

I'm not high elo (as of the last list anyway) but I group with several high elo players and thus get matched into high elo games very commonly. You pretty much got it right except for Nunu, though he is probably decent. Taric is also hit-or-miss. Also add Corki and probably Ashe to the list. There's a few others with potential to be top tiers I think (Annie, Anivia, Nasus, maybe a few others) but they are debatable.

staff

12-11-2009

Quote:
Krath4:
Heimerdinger.

you best be trollin

The Senate

Recruiter

12-11-2009

Some making these threads. We don't have the data to calculate tiers, it's all theory craft and opinions.

dreamydischarge

12-11-2009

Quote:
AvariceX:
got it right except for Nunu, though he is probably decent.

Nunu is the best tank in game right now.

inept

12-11-2009

until cleanse gets nerfed nunu is ridiculous atm

turns 5v5 into 5v5 with half hp

wildfire393

12-11-2009

In general, in high ELO games, the best champions are those who have some combination of Area of Effect, Crowd Control, and Map Influence, particularly when these are combined. Examples include Ashe, who has a limitless range AOE Stun/slow (Crystal Arrow) and an AOE slow (Volley). Cardmaster is another good example, as he has a global Slow/reveal, an AOE Stun, and a global teleport.

In general, the following are very acceptable high ELO characters (I believe, I can't remember the exact list verbatim, so this is probably incomplete): Ashe, Teemo, Twisted Fate, Corki, Nunu, Amumu, Nasus, Cho'Gath, Soraka, Taric.

Veo 16

12-11-2009

where would i find the ELO of my own account and of others? i know i saw a list posted by Pendragon awhile ago though is it still unofficial, or is there a place i can go to check periodically...

And, is Kassadin not part of this high tier at all? I'm sad, he's my fav.