Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So today Sona reached 70,87% win rate in ARAM

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kalarepa

05-25-2013

http://www.lolking.net/charts?region=all&type=champion-winrate&range=daily&map=ha&queue=normal
But it's Nidalee, Yi and Blitzcrank, who are OP, right?

Abeem

05-25-2013

Yeah that's funny. On the highest win percentages on a monthly basis....Yi, Jayce, Blitzcrank are all not on there. Nidalee is but she's not even in the top 8!

EndlessHelix

05-25-2013

It's almost like there are counterplay options for Poke, Resets, and Hooks. I never, ever would have guessed, and I certainly have never, ever pointed this out before.

Kalarepa

05-25-2013

Nidalee was never in top 15. She showed up there after the release of HA, when so many new players joined ARAM. Imo once people will figure out, how to deal with her, she will disappear from top 15. But heroes like Sona or Heim are in top 3 since the begining of PG.

I made this thread, because I doubt, there ever was a hero in any mode, who would cross 70% win rate line. It's a bit ridiculous. I know, it's fun random mode and all. But maybe it's time to give us few bans or specific ARAM balance changes. Especially, that you see strong heroes more often in HA with all these rerolls and ARAM smurfs.

EndlessHelix

05-25-2013

Quote:
Kalarepa:
Nidalee was never in top 15. She showed up there after the release of HA, when so many new players joined ARAM. Imo once people will figure out, how to deal with her, she will disappear from top 15. But heroes like Sona or Heim are in top 3 since the begining of PG.

I made this thread, because I doubt, there ever was a hero in any mode, who would cross 70% win rate line. It's a bit ridiculous. I know, it's fun random mode and all. But maybe it's time to give us few bans or specific ARAM balance changes. Especially, that you see strong heroes more often in HA with all these rerolls and ARAM smurfs.

I think that more slot efficient late game itemization for Grievous Wounds would help a lot. Maybe having Executioner's Calling build into something would help. If you look across the top 15, it's largely dominated by champions with spammable heals and simple mechanics- Janna being the notable exception.

On the other hand, the bottom 15 is largely split into two camps- split pushers (Rengar, Shaco, Trynd) and complex champions (Zed, Syndra, Lee Sin). The Rumble, Corki, Olaf, Tristana, and Akali kind of make me scratch my head a little- Is everyone trying to play Tristana as an AP or something? Or are they all building glass cannon Akali? Do they not know the wave clear trick on Olaf? These are all characters I've seen just take over games when played by a player familiar with the kit- although on further inspection it does seem a number of these are free this week, so that may be it.

Kalarepa

05-25-2013

About Tristana, actually her recommended items are AP and I think, most Tristanas go AP, which is silly Imo. You may score few kills in early game on AP Trist if you're lucky and then you're useless, because your late game is poop. Meanwhile AD Tristana becomes real best, if the game is long enough.

Imo the one of the biggest problem with balance is too easy acces to mana regen. Global mana regen and you can start with chalice/tear. With Athene you can spam spells in mid air 24/7 and still never run out of mana. If heroes like Sona can spam QWE 24/7 for entire game, this is what happens.

Sona Swagbot

05-25-2013

God I LOVE when I get Sona, I mained her prior to ARAM going mainstream, and I can carry literally the worst team to victory with her.

Basist

05-25-2013

Quote:
EndlessHelix:
I think that more slot efficient late game itemization for Grievous Wounds would help a lot. Maybe having Executioner's Calling build into something would help. If you look across the top 15, it's largely dominated by champions with spammable heals and simple mechanics- Janna being the notable exception.

That's funny you mention Exec Calling, I've seen only a handful of people besides myself get an Exec Calling out of all my ARAMs played, from SR 2 years ago to Dom, PG, then this.. Very sad since it's quite a good item early/mid game. I guess some people just think of endgame items and that it would waste a slot but they dont even end up getting 10k gold. Comparing the stats to a Pickaxe/Cloak combo, you're only paying 300g for the greivous wound which is easily negated from the Avarice.

Snido

05-25-2013

Pretty much any of the good support champs are high win rate in ARAM

BuildPolice

05-25-2013

Quote:
Basist:
That's funny you mention Exec Calling, I've seen only a handful of people besides myself get an Exec Calling out of all my ARAMs played, from SR 2 years ago to Dom, PG, then this.. Very sad since it's quite a good item early/mid game. I guess some people just think of endgame items and that it would waste a slot but they dont even end up getting 10k gold. Comparing the stats to a Pickaxe/Cloak combo, you're only paying 300g for the greivous wound which is easily negated from the Avarice.

It's annoying too, they expect AP to get morellos then they can't even get the warwick under 40% to proc it, heaven forbid they have to stray from their recommended item list/online build they found to counter build.