Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tribunal Question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Umisachi

05-24-2013

I know I'm a toxic player, but I'm getting better, imo, I don't type that much, and I hardly flame, but when I do get mad it like non-stop typing which maybe occurs every 15 games. and I'm grateful the restricted chat as now I will have to think about what I type, but I'm just wondering why arn't I permban. I do kinda think I deserve it, but instead riot gave me another two week ban.
My first two week ban was 3/14/2013
My second one was 5/23/2013
I've been going through the forums and seen that people played two months and instead of another two week ban they got perm.
So I'm wondering why didn't riot perm ban me but gave me two week ban, does this mean that my attitude is improving a little?

sweetbo

05-24-2013

It means you must be spending a good amount of money on this game, so they cut you a break.

Sporq

05-24-2013

It sounds like you've played enough non-toxic games where your Tribunal status has degraded. Well, it did degrade. Be very wary moving forward.

Umisachi

05-24-2013

Quote:
sweetbo:
It means you must be spending a good amount of money on this game, so they cut you a break.

I don't purchase much RP, and I don't think riot works like that.

sweetbo

05-24-2013

The more money you make Riot, the less they will ban you. Trust me, it's in their best interest.

Umisachi

05-24-2013

Does anyone know how the tribunal works? Like how many reports are needed, the games played etc, then how do they decide the length of ban.

RavnikaZenni

05-24-2013

Quote:
AznProd:
Does anyone know how the tribunal works? Like how many reports are needed, the games played etc, then how do they decide the length of ban.

All this information is in the stickeys at the top of the forum. (You know, the threads called "Understanding the Tribunal" "Tribunal FAQ" and "A Guide to the Tribunal.&quot

Umisachi

05-24-2013

Quote:
RavnikaZenni:
All this information is in the stickeys at the top of the forum. (You know, the threads called "Understanding the Tribunal" "Tribunal FAQ" and "A Guide to the Tribunal.&quot

Clearly you cannot read, yes the sticky informs you, but I want to have in dept information about the tribunal.
E.X
If I played about 400 games in the past month, but I got reported in 3 games, does the amount of games play where I was nice counter the fact that I was toxic in about 3 games.
Then how do they decide the length of the ban, lets say I was ban for a week, how do they decide if your next ban is two week ban or just another one week ban, due to the amount of games played over the course of time and the time period of the last ban.
and etc............

Sporq

05-24-2013

Quote:
AznProd:
Clearly you cannot read, yes the sticky informs you, but I want to have in dept information about the tribunal.
E.X
If I played about 400 games in the past month, but I got reported in 3 games, does the amount of games play where I was nice counter the fact that I was toxic in about 3 games.
Then how do they decide the length of the ban, lets say I was ban for a week, how do they decide if your next ban is two week ban or just another one week ban, due to the amount of games played over the course of time and the time period of the last ban.
and etc............

If they told people the exact numbers, then everyone could very easily abuse the system. Troll/rage in enough games to take you 1 away from being banned, then stop trolling so your level goes down, then start doing it again, etc.

Just be a nice guy and everything will be fine.

OldGuyGaming

05-24-2013

Quote:
sweetbo:
The more money you make Riot, the less they will ban you. Trust me, it's in their best interest.

Do you really have that small of a life that this is what you have to do, day after day, to make yourself feel whole?

OP: This poster has been posting, crying about their bans, for nearly two weeks now. To answer your question, it is possible that your ban decayed, or that Riot saw enough in your improvement to not give you the perma ban... if they think you are redeemable, they will generally give you that last chance.

Definitely tread lightly. If you just got off a two-week on 5/22, you'll have to be on your best behavior for months, NOT that you shouldn't be anyway -- but, if you are truly trying to change to become a productive and non-toxic player, I wish you the best.