[Guide Request] Soraka

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Loasted

08-05-2009

Hi I've been quite intersted in trying out soraka as I enjoy playing support characters usually in everything I play. I've been reading a lot on the forum's about her pro's and con's but I was wondering if anyone was able to provide a guide. Especially on item's, spells and rune/mastery builds.

Loads of questions:

From what i've read it seems that starcall(I think it is) is a little underpowered right now, but I was curious if it scales with AP. If it did and with regards to her Ultimate I assume an all AP build would be the best way to go.

Does AP scale with her other heals as well?

Also would the defensive tree be the best tree to go down with utility or a little bit in both utility and attack alongside the defensive tree? I was thinking the defensive tree due to her not having a whole lot in the way of survivabilty and would need some form of defense coupled with summoner spells and items.

ability progression. What is the best to start with? I assume the mana restore ability would be first and foremost followed by her heal. But when is it good to get starcall? Even if it is underpowered it must helping with creep farming. I also assume you need to be microing a lot in order to get those last hits off or your going to be pretty low on gold.

Anyways I could go on with the questions but a guide would be stellar! Thanks.

Floatzel

08-05-2009

with soraka, you want to lane early game with adjudicator. Adjudicator becomes ridiculous once it has a mana and HP feed. Typically, you are not going to get many items nor will you get to level 18 very often in games that don't drag on forever.Starfall should be the last skill you build up.

For tech tree, go at least 21 in utility for the cooldown bonus and then put at least 8 in attack for the further cooldown bonus. Defense tree is mostly worthless for soraka since if she gets caught without someone to defend her, she is pretty much boned. For runes, I stack mana so that I don't have to go back to respawn much.

Soraka is all about early lane survivability and pushing. Late game she doesn't bring much to the table other than occasionally saving someone from a gank with her ultimate.

also, I would recomend..

1heal
2mana
3heal
4mana
5heal
6mana
7heal
8mana
9heal
10ulti
11ulti
12mana
13star
14star
15star
16ulti
17star
18star

Thats just off the top of my head.
The ulti is pretty mana intensive for a level 6 so thats why its not taken then.

Also, make sure to carry clairvoyance. with the clair upgrade and CD reduction, your vision spamming will be super valueable. Your other spell should either be boost to raise your survivability, exhaust to save teammates/set up gansk, or rally/promote to help push towers.

Loasted

08-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floatzel View Post
For tech tree, go at least 21 in utility for the cooldown bonus and then put at least 8 in attack for the further cooldown bonus. Defense tree is mostly worthless for soraka since if she gets caught without someone to defend her, she is pretty much boned. For runes, I stack mana so that I don't have to go back to respawn much.

Just a question about the Mana Restore. I take it from your statement that you can't use it on yourself?

Akuma

08-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loasted View Post
Just a question about the Mana Restore. I take it from your statement that you can't use it on yourself?
Soraka can cast Mana Restore on herself.

Floatzel

08-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma View Post
Soraka can cast Mana Restore on herself.
yea it just doesn't do anything....
wonder if there is a way to abuse this with an item that does something every time you cast a spell.....

Lollerman

08-06-2009

Quote:
wonder if there is a way to abuse this with an item that does something every time you cast a spell.....
Has this been changed or something? Last week Soraka could still mana spam herself...

Village Idiot

08-06-2009

Get cooldown runes with Soraka to lower the cooldown for Infuse as much as possible.

LostSailor

08-07-2009

Quote:
This is untrue. You can mana restore yourself as much as you want. It is my bread and butter to keep those heals coming.

DeadPerson

08-07-2009

I'm in the process of making my own guide, which will have offense, defense, and a hybrid spec. Just need get out of work and do it ~_~

Armatron12345

10-24-2012

they made it so soraka couldnt heal hersef anymore