Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Constantly disconnecting from PVP.net

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fishous

05-23-2013

Windows 7 64b OS.

I'm constantly, randomly losing connection to the PVP.net. League doesn't close out, I just get the red rectangle warning in the top left. It'll pop up for a few seconds usually, then go away, then pop up again, several times within a minute. Sometimes this'll happen in champ select, too, and it won't let me change masteries or runes because it'll give the little spinning busy icon.

This has happened during a ranked champ select screen where I randomly disconnected. I'm also getting a constant (literally over half my games) popup that minimizes game saying the "Adobe AIR debug launcher" (I think). My game will open up fine after that, but once I hit the Victory or the Defeat button when the games ends, the game will immediately shut off. No score screen/chat, no asking to quit, the game just ends and I'm back to looking at my browser. When I have to open League again, I get a white box saying that it's already open in another instance and whether I want to close it to open a new one.

I hate to sound cheesy, but this is the only game I'm having issues. And it's even more weird because I'm not even completely disconnecting, it's just constantly going off and on. There are also some instances where I'm assuming I get a disconnect again, and when the champ select countdown finishes, I'm stuck at that screen. I have to close League, open it again, and it'll tell me to reconnect to keep playing.

TheGo0ch

05-27-2013

I am having the EXACT same issue. I have deleted every single league of legends file and re installed many times hoping to fix the issue but no luck. This is especially problematic in draft pick, where I will get disconnected and unable to see the champion selects. Sometimes it will re connect me and it will fill in all the champions I missed, but if it occurs during my selection and the timer hits 0 for my turn, the game will just sit there and I will not see anything, but to the other players it says I was kicked for not selecting a champion

Does anyone have any suggestions? During the periods of disconnection my internet works 100% fine on everything else. I also use Windows 7 64b and usually run with ~60 ping.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cracker Jacks

05-27-2013

This actually started to happen to me last night... The night before I was playing games as I usually do just fine no dc'ing or anything.

BUT last night when I was playing I would just randomly get lag spikes and dc and reconnect back in game in a matter of seconds but it would happen constantly not just once per game but I would say 20x per game that I would play if not more. I was finally able to play one game without any issues since I had restarted my router thinking that was the problem then all of a sudden it happened again the next game after that. I stopped playing and this morning I figured maybe the problem would be fixed but it's still happening... My internet is running just fine on other devices and computers...

It's getting rather annoying though...

My ping in game is regularly ~22 ping

Desonance

Wrenchman

05-27-2013

Hello there, I have a solution for you!

Hit the windows key
type "services" and hit enter
In the list of things that appear find IP-Helper
Right click IP-Helper and click stop
Right click IP-Helper again and hit properties
Under startup type use the drop down box to select Disabled.
Click apply

Regards, Desonance

Zaster

05-27-2013

This. It has gotten to the point where I cant even get into a game. This is very frustrating. Riot pls

Cracker Jacks

05-27-2013

I am definitely at that point now and it's not just with my desktop but my actual laptop too so it's definitely not my internet...

Desonance

Wrenchman

05-27-2013

Quote:
Zast7044:
This. It has gotten to the point where I cant even get into a game. This is very frustrating. Riot pls

I already gave you the solution xD

Fishous

05-27-2013

Not the responses I expected. Guess I'll stick to Dota 2 since aram is about the only thing I can play without getting reported on League, and that's getting really boring.

TheGo0ch

05-27-2013

The fix that troll 4 lulz posted works. However that disables your computer from utilizing https servers (secure websites) you can still access the websites normally but your data wont be secure. Comparing my computer with my brothers who is also running windows 7 64b, his IP-Helper is always running yet has no problems with league of legends at all.

Yes the fix works as a temporary solution and i am thankful to troll 4 lulz for that but there has to be a better solution which doesn't compromise your internet security and make it so you cannot both play on league of legends and access secure servers at the same time.

Until there is a better solution your best bet would be to only turn off IP-Helper when you want to play league of legends and turn it back on anytime your on the internet. Very annoying I know, but that so far is the only help for the problem.

Lumasac

05-28-2013

Quote:
Trollz 4 Lulz:
Hello there, I have a solution for you!

Hit the windows key
type "services" and hit enter
In the list of things that appear find IP-Helper
Right click IP-Helper and click stop
Right click IP-Helper again and hit properties
Under startup type use the drop down box to select Disabled.
Click apply

Regards, Trollz 4 Lulz

I've been having the same problem as OP and you just fixed everything. thank you so much.