Alistar ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xxtankumsxx

11-16-2010

ok so with alistar i start with meki pendant and 2 potions and get heal first lvl
lvl 2 i get head but and lvl 3 ground slam.. go back build tear and get boots 1
build tear into manamune and get boots speed 3, usally games over...but after should i get locket or aegis?

jokull

11-16-2010

well its tear of the goddess, and manamune, so start by spelling correctly so that people will take you seriously. id say locket, and then aegis, but im not an ali player

xxtankumsxx

11-16-2010

sorry been drinkin a wee bit.. and i can never tell which to get first.. usally go with aegis tho

DoransTroll

11-17-2010

Depending on your team composition, as well as your rune setup. If I know my team is good enough, I usually push for Soul Shroud first. If I have a crappy team, then I'll go for some offensive item like manamune to help with farming. If I know form the get-go that we're going to have a lot of problem, I usually go for Tiamat instead. It's a pretty amazing little gem that nobody knows about.

Parmenion59

11-17-2010

Manamune on alistar? Oo

First item: Shurleya, and force of nature.

You can engage with flash or shurleya and you have cdr for Q and W

asdofjaslk

11-20-2010

Manamune on Alistar makes total sense. All of the guides start with tear of the goddess, and manamune is a natural extension of that. On topic, I would go for banshee's veil, or sunfire cape if you want armor.

xXghettoelf97Xx

11-20-2010

lol and just where are you going to get the gold for a force of nature? Alistar has the absolute worst farming in the entire game. You are not going to be able to afford a force of nature, especially when what you really need is HP to synergise with his ult.

And also, don't bother with any of this tear of the goddess nonsense. Just use the following tried and true build: Start with mana manip -> boots of mob -> aegis -> soul shroud. Then build whatever else you can afford. What this build is is cost-effective, which is especially good for cow since he literally cannot farm to save his life.

RailBladerX

11-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokull View Post
well its tear of the goddess, and manamune, so start by spelling correctly so that people will take you seriously. id say locket, and then aegis, but im not an ali player
**** much? i knew what he was talking about... swear some people just need a slapin or two no?

NBG Try Hard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2010

get mana manip, i wouldn't waste gold on pots especially since you have a heal, just learn to avoid harass and manage your mana. I'd look to buy heart of gold and boots of mobility ASAP. The boots of mob, are key for Alistar to get position on enemy champs, which is important in team fights. Heart of gold, gives you that extra gold income, which you'll desperately need, and will pay for itself by endgame. Everything else you buy should be situational based on what the other team is doing. I'd focus on defense items for Alistar, others may argue AP, DPS etc. But I think he's most useful as playing the Tank Support.

As for skills, I get ground slam first, comes in handy to escape or win those pre-minion spawn fights when the enemies try to gank from the bushes. Get your heal second, if your low in health or getting harassed. And at level 3, grab your headbutt, and start angling to knock the enemies into danger. After that, I'd focus on leveling your ground slam as much as possible, while also getting your ults. With a strong ground slam you can decimate minions for gold.

FckMan

Recruiter

11-20-2010

full attack speed runes makes manamune a good choice. then get tank items that also offer mana. frozen heart, banshee's veil, rod of ages, triforce, etc....