Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why Varus is possibly the best poke in ARAM

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eddy01741

05-23-2013

Sivir has a 110% bonus AD ratio on her boomerang blade, Varus has a 160% AD (non-bonus!) ratio on his Q. Not to mention it has 475 (1475 range!!!) longer range and much faster projectile speed.

With 150 bonus AD (~240 total AD) which is not very hard to achieve in ARAM, boomerang blade does a maximum 729 damage to one target if it hits twice and hits no other enemies in between for diminished damage, max 405 damage if hits only once. Varus' Q does a maximum 619 damage.

Combine that with the massively increased range and noticeably faster projectile speed and it's clear as day that varus' Q is quite superior.

Kalarepa

05-23-2013

I was talking about damage only, not the range and how fast it is.
You're also ignoring the fact, that boomerang blade can be casted instantly, while Arrow needs 2 seconds channeling for full damage. First of all, you won't have time to channel it for full damage, when you're autoattacking someone. But you always will have time for quick boomerang.

Secondly, and this is the biggest flaw of Varus's arrow, which everyone here seems to ignore. When you channel Q - enemies can see you channeling (if they pay attention), so you might as well scream:
"GUYS I'M GOING TO SHOOT MY ARROW IN 2-4 SECONDS FROM NOW, PREPARE TO DODGE. I ALSO MOVE A BIT SLOWER, SO YOU HAVE MORE TIME TO RUN AWAY", which guess what - makes it easier for them to dodge.

@edit Lol why am I getting downvoted so hard? I said only facts. Ok let's just assume the best scenario for Varus, where he always has time to channel Q and the worst scenario for Sivir, where she never lands second Q. Man, Varus's Arrow is so much better than Boomerang!

not my Vanus

05-23-2013

Varus is my main, I have played hundreds upon hundreds of games with him. in all of these games I maxed Q always. I'm pretty used to the strategy by now, enough to realize he is not supposed to be another Nidalee running around teams and poking all the time. you don't stack CDR and mana on him, that's ridiculous. you do not want arp if you plan to dominate with your Q. so, want to know the secret?

2 x BF Sword

you can thank me later

Zaels

05-23-2013

CDR comes from the shoes and brutalizer. i don't really give up much by stacking it. starting pickaxe and sapphire crystal allows me to use Q more often while still doing decent damage. i'd rather be able to shoot more Qs than to shoot less Qs for higher damage.

and without sapphire crystal (which is actually the only mana i buy most of the time), i'll run oom pretty fast. the build i use works out pretty well for me and can easily transition to a fed ADC for lategame if it gets that far.

Mathaios

05-23-2013

Still going to build her like any other ADC, have more damage than building mana, and barely mana hunger. :v

Zaels

05-23-2013

yeah thats fine if you prefer autoattacks being your main source of damage earlygame in ARAM.

Ahlen

05-23-2013

Varus and Sivir are the two best ADC's on the map for sure.

Max out Armor pen as fast as possible, win.

Khedius

05-23-2013

Quote:
Ahlen:
Varus and Sivir are the two best ADC's on the map for sure.

Max out Armor pen as fast as possible, win.

I've noticed that Varus can dominate with his poke in ARAM and that Sivir is extremely solid, but every MF I've seen in ARAM has been an absolute terror. Her double up can hit you from extraordinary ranges for large chunks of damage and Bullet Time is simply devastating in such a narrow lane.

HumanPorch

05-23-2013

ez is superior to all ADC just saying

Mathaios

05-23-2013

Quote:
HumanPorch:
ez is superior to all ADC just saying

In terms of early-mid-lategame potentials? Not really.