Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Can I change? I believe so.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yournamedoesntfi

05-22-2013

edit

Shiister

05-22-2013

No.

You should of changed before you got the point of being permaban. You didn't think to change till you lost your account, so it must don't mean much to you. Either find a new game or start over, your only 2 choices.

I, also find number 3 and 4 bad reasons.

#3 is you basically telling Riot "give my account back, so I don't have to restart and ruin new player games, you helping them by doing it"

#4 as you said the cost is the games which affect. You have to be reported in 15% of your games to make it back into Tribunal, no matter if its your first time in Tribunal or last time. Riot has nothing to really gain from allowing you back onto their game actually, they will lose more by letting you play and ruining players' games as you did to earn your permaban.

magooomba

05-22-2013

Honestly, I think you grossly underestimate just how detrimental toxic behavior is in the game, and just how much Riot has to lose if it is not kept in check. I don't find your points particularly compelling, especially considering, as I'm sure you are aware, most of these are the same things we see a majority of people try to claim when they are permabanned. That they see the error of their ways, that they'll try harder, and that they just want one more chance. I'm sure you realize how this sounds to Riot and to us. Your assurances, as you've pointed out, don't mean much. Talk is cheap, and the time to do all of the things you've said here would have been at literally any of the other times when Riot told you that your behavior needed adjusting.

But, in particular, your Number 4 is where you've lost me. Riot has absolutely everything to lose by allowing players who continued to be so utterly problematic that Riot had to completely remove them from the game from continuing that behavior. You claim they have little to lose simply because you could just get banned again. But that in and of itself completely downplays the entire point you're trying to make. Toxic behavior is toxic to the entire game, and casually dismissing another ban as if it was no big deal is a cop out. It is a big deal to Riot - that's the entire point of the permaban. It's a big deal to have toxic players continue to bring the entire game down. It's a big deal to risk the general playerbase turning on the game simply because it's overrun with poor behavior. It's a big deal to say that "this is the final straw" and then reverse it for no other reason than you claiming you've finally learned the lesson. Riot has everything to lose by letting permabanned players get another chance, which is why they don't offer them anymore.

yournamedoesntfi

05-22-2013

@Shiister
I agree, I should have. But as to your second point, I don't know that I agree. There are quite a number of times that we don't realize the impact of losing something until it's gone. Many people take many things for granted.

@magooomba
This is good feedback, thank you. I'd been under the impression that most people actually don't seriously pursue permabans. I'll try to dig up Lyte's quote on that somewhere. I'd also be curious to see where your information on what people claim after they're permabanned comes from!

Xaihady

05-22-2013

I'm sorry, sugar, but your account's gone for good. I'm so happy though, that you realize what you did wrong, are now admitting to it, and are actively trying to change. I'm relieved that your posts here have been pragmatic and civil.
I'm so tired of so many banned people coming on here and asking why they were banned while not really wanting the true answer; they just want to shrug off the responsibility and garner some sympathy from somewhere. You can't talk to or reason with them in any way; all they do is scream at Riot, scream at the Tribunal, blame their behavior on other people, delude themselves into thinking their ban was because of something unfair, and fire a slew of insults at every single person who tries to help them understand. They're really only after two things: their account back, and to be right. They usually can't have either of those, and they refuse to accept it, because it's easier than realizing that you were wrong and you need to change. If they don't like the truth, they won't believe it's true under any circumstances. It makes me so sad and frustrated...

I imagine your desire to change was probably made more manifest because of this ban. In this case, your permaban has served its purpose, and it should remain so as a reminder to you. If you were able to just get out of every consequence of your actions, they would be meaningless; you wouldn't grow from your mistakes and become a better person. You acted, this is your consequence, but you do can still have a new account and start over from the ground up. It's part of life and the learning process.

In the future, one thing you especially need to remember is that nothing that anyone ever says or does gives you any right whatsoever to behave poorly. You're a human being, and you are capable of controlling yourself; it's incredibly difficult, and takes a lot of practice, but it does get easier with time.Being able to come away from a challenging game where you were able to control yourself, manage your tongue, hit report and move on, can be quite rewarding after your emotions have cooled down a bit. You will feel so much better about yourself, I promise

kaleb bartlett

05-22-2013

per the terms of use:

Quote:
E. Suspension/Termination.

By Riot Games. RIOT GAMES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY OR DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON OR NO REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU, AND WITH NO LIABILITY OF ANY KIND TO YOU. Additionally, Riot Games may stop offering and/or supporting the Game at any time. For purposes of explanation and not limitation, most Account suspensions, terminations and/or deletions are the result of violation of this Agreement, the EULA, the Privacy Policy, or the Summoner’s Code (defined below). Accounts terminated by Riot Games shall not be reinstated under any conditions whatsoever.

Read the bold.

Getsuei

05-22-2013

I am glad that you realize your behaviour can get you permabanned but I do not think you should get another chance with that account. If you have truly learned from this start a new account and be a good influence to others. You can be living proof that some people learn thier lessons.

Just my opinion on the situation.

magooomba

05-22-2013

Quote:
yournamedoesntfi:
@magooomba
This is good feedback, thank you. I'd been under the impression that most people actually don't seriously pursue permabans. I'll try to dig up Lyte's quote on that somewhere. I'd also be curious to see where your information on what people claim after they're permabanned comes from!

I'll dig up a few quotes as well:

Quote:
Lyte:
The player behavior team has been working with our Player Support to ensure that we never encourage toxic players to make a new account. There are no more "Last Chance" programs or "Second Chance" programs, we simply don't want toxic players to play our game--especially after they've been given half a dozen or more chances.

Quote:
Lyte:
Actually, if we're permabanning you we don't want your money or your time. Just find another game.

And you want my observances of what people claim on this forum when they're permabanned? You can feel free to read over the hundreds of permaban appeal requests in the forum and come to a different conclusion if you wish. But my point was that it's the same old tired story we hear every time, not that the story will ever work. If you truly have learned your lesson, great, good for you, and I mean that with the utmost sincerity and respect. But that simply isn't enough to warrant overturning a ban. You are still responsible for all the negative behavior that led to the permaban and are accountable for the results. Whether or not you choose to continue that negative behavior will only change the future, not undo the past.

Xaihady

05-22-2013

And really, the future is yours to make as miserable or fantastic as you choose. It's all ahead from here.

Arrietti

05-23-2013

Sorry but I am with the rest of the posters here.

If you received a reform card with "Permaban" listed as the punishment than you are no longer welcome to game here and the account referenced is permanently banned form playing. PERMANENTLY (see permanent : intended to exist or function for a long, indefinite period without regard to unforeseeable conditions)

I am glad you finally see things our way but I cannot endorse giving you additional chances. Good luck with your next gaming endeavor.