It's Shaco! Where'd he g-... Carleton's guide to an AP Shaco

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dairyman

06-21-2010

Solid guide, definitely one of the better ones. However I think Sheen/Lichbane is not worth getting for AP Shaco.

Backdoor Brian

07-22-2010

Def a good read, just got shaco today and am going to try out the build, hopefully it'll prove interesting.

Lukiiiriem

10-19-2010

dude its just a video we dont need to know everything but nice build and gj shaco was the fist person i bought and ive always liked him but i suck with ap btw they changed malody =(((((( my favorite item with everyone

RapidOffensive

02-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mOeeOm View Post
I hate that you don't go jack in the box first and solo the golem, you can get level 2 very easily and have the buff before your lane partner even starts killing minions :P

I go ignite/rally, run to the golem camp right away place 5 jacks (you have time before they spawn, attack the golem run back let the jacks attack him drop rally and kill it, then the 2 minions, you will be at full HP and with the buff you go back to the lane at level 2 ready to murder them with the buff, you can spam shiv/jacks in the lane.

I start off with a regrowth pendant and rush philosopher stone.
This. Actually you can lay 4 jacks at the edge of the bushes in the blue buff golem camp, and 1 near the wolves next door and return to golem camp just in time for it to spawn - after killing golem go to wolves drop another JITB and kill them also.

If you have taken smite you can now keep junglin - smite blue wraith, JITB other wraiths, go to golems - take them out with 2xJITB and return to wolves who will just be respawning, one JITB kill wolves, back to wraiths just in time for smite to get back up and blue buff to be running out - either go find gank or port to base for phil stone and boots etc...don't bother with red buff in first jungle cycle (at least without help) you can do it but you will need to spend too long laying JITB's - and fall behind in levelling.

If you want to just grab one buff and go (or someone else on your team wants and can take blue buff at lvl 1) you can take the red buff at the start instead and go straight off for gank.

My AP Shaco build tends to go phil stone-boots 1 - kage's pick - boots 2 - codex - deathfire - void staff - rabandon's cap. With a few blue elixirs your AP is running at 550 or so by then with over 60% magic pen and you get to ghost in with Q, deathfire a target for 40%+ of their life, and shiv em for 700 or so as an opener in team ganks..with a JITB popping up for 1.5 secs fear and more dmg if he sticks around..

The tricky choice is boots - you can make a decent case for for swiftness, mobility, mercs, ionian or sorcs IMHO..

Fluffy1

02-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidOffensive View Post
This. Actually you can lay 4 jacks at the edge of the bushes in the blue buff golem camp, and 1 near the wolves next door and return to golem camp just in time for it to spawn - after killing golem go to wolves drop another JITB and kill them also.

If you have taken smite you can now keep junglin - smite blue wraith, JITB other wraiths, go to golems - take them out with 2xJITB and return to wolves who will just be respawning, one JITB kill wolves, back to wraiths just in time for smite to get back up and blue buff to be running out - either go find gank or port to base for phil stone and boots etc...don't bother with red buff in first jungle cycle (at least without help) you can do it but you will need to spend too long laying JITB's - and fall behind in levelling.

If you want to just grab one buff and go (or someone else on your team wants and can take blue buff at lvl 1) you can take the red buff at the start instead and go straight off for gank.

My AP Shaco build tends to go phil stone-boots 1 - kage's pick - boots 2 - codex - deathfire - void staff - rabandon's cap. With a few blue elixirs your AP is running at 550 or so by then with over 60% magic pen and you get to ghost in with Q, deathfire a target for 40%+ of their life, and shiv em for 700 or so as an opener in team ganks..with a JITB popping up for 1.5 secs fear and more dmg if he sticks around..

The tricky choice is boots - you can make a decent case for for swiftness, mobility, mercs, ionian or sorcs IMHO..
he posted that over a year ago.

Carleton

05-17-2011

Thanks for the comments guys but like others have already said, this guide is extremely outdated. I wrote this back when 2-shiv didnt break stealth. I don't think he'll ever be a viable AP again =(. Not that he really ever was but I made him work, I wish I took some SS of the games I had back in the day.

Hefty Sak

05-17-2011

"Jungling
Shaco is not much a jungle hero"

sorry, but no.

shaco is born to jungle.